Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a long-term consultancy service for advisory support, provision of expertise, coaching and mentorship on labour migration to pilot Member States and RECs
Further details of the assignment can be found in the Terms of Reference. Please request all tender documents by email from [email protected] by mentioning “**cosoft no. 83420195_ Long-term coaching and mentorship labour migration expert**” on the subject.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to strengthen the technical capacity of experts from ministries of migration, labour and employment working on policy formulation and implementation, other migration authorities at policy level in the pilot Member States and RECs for implementation, monitoring and reporting on labour migration priorities.
This will be implemented as follows:
- Conduct capacity needs assessment and mapping of stakeholders in the pilot MS/RECs.
- Inception meeting to agree on key topics for mentorship/coaching, methodology, scope, duration. This will take account different priorities and levels of the different Member States/RECs.
- Based on existing resources, identify and compile training materials addressing agreed topics to enable deepening and application of trainings.
- Roll out training in all pilot MS and RECs.
- Prepare report of the consultancy.
- A brief report capturing the capacity needs on labour migration and mapping of potential mentees in the pilot Member States/RECs
- Inception meeting report and workplan
- Training materials
- Workshop report highlighting achievements, challenges and lessons learnt
Period of assignment: December 2, 2022, to February 2024, for up to 70 working days hybrid).
- Education/training (2.2.1):
- Minimum Master’s degree in the field of social sciences, law, human rights, international relations, migration, or related field.
- Language (2.2.2):
- Business fluency in English and French is required.
- General professional experience (2.2.3):
- Minimum 10 years’ continental/regional experience in demonstrable technical experience in social research in the area of labour migration, mixed migration, human mobility, irregular migration including trafficking in persons or labour and employment.
- Specific professional experience (2.2.4):
- Minimum 10 years’ continental/regional experience in:
i) In-depth knowledge of contemporary migration dynamics/ migration, labour and employment and development issues in Africa and region.
ii) Strong capacity building skills
iii) In-depth knowledge of migration governance as well as issues of labour migration, diaspora, and development.
iv) Knowledge of global, continental, and regional policies, laws and initiatives regarding labour migration, migration and mobility, labour and employment.
v) Demonstrable experience in social research in/on Africa and the RECs will be an advantage.
vi) Previous working experience with the AUC, RECs, the UN (in general) and the IOM and ILO in particular.
vii) Experience and ability to interact with the AUC and the UN.
viii) Experience and ability to navigate political processes in highly sensitive settings.
ix) Excellent drafting/writing and analytical skills.
x) Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
- Regional experience (2.2.6):
- Demonstrable work experience in Africa (related to Migration, mixed migration, irregular migration including trafficking in persons, labour migration, diaspora and development, and migration governance). Experience in similar assignments in other regions including at the national level would be an added advantage.
The bidder must provide a clear overview of his/her individual qualifications (through a well and clearly structured CV outlining the requested skills and experiences).
How to apply
Please request all tender documents via email from [email protected] by mentioning cosoft no. 83420195_long-term coaching and mentorship labour migration expert**” on your subject email.
Tender documents include:
- Terms of reference (ToR) with description of tasks,
- Price sheet for submission of financial offer,
- Evaluation grid for technical evaluation of the offers,
- GIZ invitation letter,
- Bidding conditions,
- General Terms and Conditions of Contract (AVB local),
- Eligibility self-declaration,
- Specimen association clause
- Extract from act against restraints on competition.
Closing date: 19-Oct-22