Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will act as an Advocacy and Policy focal point for the mission by:
– Providing direct support to the mission to develop positioning, strategic engagements, and identifying recommendations in line with mission objectives.
– Working with the programme and supporting the teams to build their capacity in advocacy.
– Ensuring that programmatic data and analysis is available for policy, advocacy and other related objectives.
You have a Masters’ degree in international relations, International Humanitarian Law, social sciences, politics, development studies, or similar field, with at least 3 years’ experience in advocacy. Experience in other fields than advocacy will be examined in the face of exposure to high-level stakeholders (governments, UN agencies, NGOs – at national level).
You also have:
– Strong and demonstrated expertise in humanitarian Advocacy and/or representation, negotiation and influence of aid policies at a high level (e.g., country director/tech coordinator profile with a track record of representation to donor and government for fundraising as well as in the field of policy-making).
– Good knowledge of the IHL, humanitarian principles, humanitarian system, transformative Agenda, issues impacting humanitarian action (COTER, integration, politicization, stabilization, state-building, etc.).
– Experience in using grant management, M&E information for advocacy.
– Demonstrated working experience in policy analysis, data collection, analysis and interpretation (both qualitative and quantitative data), writing and production of reports, policy briefs and publications
– A strategic and critical thinking
– Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills in English. Pashto / Dari and French are an asset.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French (for internationals) or Afghan (for nationals) labor law
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits according to ACF policies.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
*Closing date: 3-Nov-22