Action Contre la Faim
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main objective is to guarantee the quality, relevance and scaling of the Nutrition and Health strategy interventions at the mission, in conformity with ACF, international standards, and national policies.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
– Contributing to the definition of the country strategy and the Nutrition & Health departement’s positioning
– Coordinating the identification of needs, and formulating the project proposals
– Designing, developing, and evaluating actions in the field of nutrition and health
– Monitoring and coordinating programmes in the fields of nutrition and health
– Managing technically the Nutrition and Health team
– Representing Action Contre la Faim and its positioning at the local level, including coordination and collaboration with other actors
You have a medical/paramedical background with a specialization in nutrition, public health, or general medicine, and at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian contexts, including at least 3 years in a coordination position.
You have a demonstrated experience in the management of malnutrition, healthcare organizations support, and in the implementation of humanitarian responses in an emergency context (with emphasis in community-based prevention activities as well as in maternal and child health).
You are ideally, familiar with nutrition survey methodologies (SMART, NCA, SQUEAC, etc) and in the setup of cholera control and IMCI interventions.
You are recognised for your communication skills with partners and authorities, with proven writing skills (project writing, reporting, etc).
Fluency in English (oral and written) and either Portuguese, Italian or Spanish is a must.
A former experience with ACF is a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
For international candidates:
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 503EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 250EUR at each RnR period (+flight ticket reimbursement up to 700$)
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
For national candidates:
– 6 months fixed term contract under Mozambique legislation
– Monthly gross salary between: 210.000 and 243.000 mzn, dependent on experience
– 13th month salary paid annualy
– Medical coverage for the employee and family members
– Paid leaves: 24 days/calendar year
– One-off relocation allowance: 40.000 mzn
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here