Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Accountant for Chernihiv Office.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 6 offices in the country.
Overall purpose of the role:
Accountant provides support for the day-to-day functioning of the DRC Chernihiv office, supports from accountancy side the implementation of DRC programs in the area of responsibility.
- Checks, calculation and processing the payments of business trips for DRC staff, maintenance of advances to employees
- Checking DRC Program activities related documents for compliance with Ukrainian legislation
- Control of the authenticity of the necessary documents for processing the payments
- Receiving inbound documentation for accounting processing (applications for payment, contracts)
- Control over the availability of DRC’s Supplier related documentation in accordance with payments, keeping the registrar updated
- Preparation of acts of performed work/acceptance in accordance with legislative requirements
- Produces calculation and transfer of taxes and fees, insuring contributions to state extra-budgetary social funds, payments to banking institutions, wages of employees and other payments
- Accounting of property, liabilities (accounting for fixed assets, inventory, etc.)
- Maintaining, entering and updating “1C” software, makes changes to the reference and regulatory information used in the processing of data.
- Knowledge of the legislation on accounting and tax accounting
- Registration of operations and organization of paperwork circulation in accounting system
- Conducting banking and cash transactions
- Participation in drafting of contracts with counterparties
- The procedure for maintaining documents for business trips, checking up-to-date reports
- Act as a focal point for program units as to program related documentation (grants, agreements, etc.)
Required experience and competencies:
- Experience in accounting
- Deep knowledge in “1C” software
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Accuracy in paper work
- Competence to keep negotiations
- Finance literacy
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Accounting, Audit, Finance)
- Knowledge in accounting features of INGOs and/or Representative offices
Contract length: 3 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
Designation of Duty Stations: Chernihiv
Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: October 9, 2022
How to apply
Closing date: 9-Oct-22