Institut Européen de Coopération et de Développement
The European Institute for Cooperation and Development (IECD), an INGO created in 1988, implements social and economic development projects in fifteen countries, in partnership with local institutions, enabling young people and people in precarious situations to access decent and sustainable jobs, in a quality educational and health environment. More than 30 years of experience in the fields of education, vocational training and access to employment for young people have enabled the IECD to develop a real expertise at the service of the most vulnerable people.
After 14 years of devastating civil war that ended in 2003 with the election of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberia continues its democratic transition with the election of George Weah in 2018. The country was however heavily affected by an Ebola outbreak from 2014 to 2015, and currently remains one of the least developed countries in the world, with an HDI of 0.435 in 2018, a high unemployment rate and significant corruption. Local economic development and economic integration are thus decisive factors in helping the country emerge from a precarious social and economic situation.
It is in this context that AFD has decided to support Liberia, following the country’s inclusion into the list of priority countries for French development aid in February 2018.
In Liberia, IECD launched the project STRIVE in September 2020. The project focuses on three components:
- Developing Technical and Vocational Educational Trainings (TVET) and the national TVET system in partnership with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
- Increasing the employability of trainees to facilitate their professional integration.
- Supporting vegetable farmers in Bong County to improve economic opportunities.
The AFM will be responsible for the support department including accounting, finance, HR personnel management, procurement and logistics.
- Accounting Management
- Lead and supervise the accounting closing process
- Ensure that the accounts are kept in order
- Control and ensure the proper completion of bank reconciliations
- Supervise invoice control as well as physical and digital filing
- Administrative and financial management
- Develop the annual budget of cross-cutting costs and monitor its implementation
- Set up and monitor the update of financial management tools
- Monitor the financial implementation of the various components of the project
- Manage the cash flows of the delegation
- Management of the finance, administration and logistics teams
- Supervise the administrative, financial and logistics teams
- Continuously build the capacity of each team member
- Lead the team and ensure the appropriation of IECD values
- Financial accountability, internal control and compliance
- Carry out financial reporting for the project’s financial partners
- Prepare and facilitate financial reviews related to the project and the delegation
- Prepare and ensure the smooth running of project audits
- Ensure the compliance with IECD’s and financial partners’ procedures
- Regularly evaluate practices to ensure compliance with the procedures guide
- Identify risks and ways to mitigate (financial, legal…)
- Administrative management of personnel
- Ensure the proper filing of administrative records and legal HR documents
- Organize and track the payroll process
- Implement and monitor the proper implementation of internal HR procedures
6.Management of procurement and logistics
- Supervise procurement and logistics and the proper execution of the tasks distributed within the team.
- Ensure the proper implementation of stock and equipment management
- Ensure the proper management of the car/generator and IT fleet
- Ensure the proper completion of purchases in accordance with procurement rules
- Ensure the proper management of the various providers as well as the proper follow-up of the contracts
Education: Graduate of a master’s degree in business administration or management with a specialty in finance.
Experiences: You have at least 5 years’ experience in Administrative Coordinator positions, and ideally a first experience as Deputy Country Director in charge of Support in an NGO or as Administrative and Financial Manager in a company in a developing country.
Technical skills / Know-how:
- Team Management:
- Ability to grow, to accompany
- Ability to structure, organize a team
- Ability to adapt to the profile/level of its employees
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of SAGE-type softwares
- Very good command of English and French
Interpersonal skills / Soft skills:
- Professionalism, rigor
- Spirit of “builder”, organized
- Pedagogue: desire to transmit
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
- Pragmatic: implement feasible solutions on the ground, be practical
- Autonomy: working with minimal supervision
- Sense of responsibility and ability to make and assume decisions within her/his scope of work
- Ability to represent the organization
- A professional commitment
- The spirit of service: The spirit of service underpins the mission of IECD, whose every action is guided by the will to serve the other, especially the ones who need it most and are most vulnerable. The IECD supports them in their social, professional and human development**.**
- A look at the person: People are at the heart of the projects implemented by the IECD. Each person is considered in all their dimensions, both human and social**.**
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION
Status: Agreement under French law, Volontariat de Solidarité Internationale (VSI) – Pre-departure training. Under the responsibility of: Liberia Country Director, based in Monrovia
Close collaboration with: The Finance Department, based in Paris.
Dates and Duration: November 2022, for a two-year contract, renewable.
Location: Monrovia, Liberia.
- Compensation according to profile
- Contribution to the rent and provision of a service vehicle shared with the rest of the expatriate team outside of working hours
- Two return flight tickets per year of mission (including return departure & end of mission)
- Paid holidays: 2 days per month + local holidays.
How to apply
Please, click on the following link: https://carriere.iecd.org/fr/s/RzpyMzY9