Chemonics International seeks a highly motivated and dynamic Administrative Assistant who provides support to complete all administrative, reporting, contractual, financial, and personnel responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant will ensure close functional collaboration with other stakeholders, partner staff, and home-office team to enhance efficiency provision of services and accountability. The Administrative Assistant will report to and be supervised by the FHM Engage Nigeria Operations and Finance Director. The estimated start date for this full-time position is expected to be on/around December 1, 2022. The location of assignment is Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting firm operating in over 80 countries, starting up the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Nigeria. As USAID’s flagship private sector health project, FHM Engage envisions a world in which health markets are responsive, equitable, resilient, and driven by consumer needs. To meet this vision, FHM Engage – led by Chemonics and its core partners, co-technical lead Results for Development, Pathfinder, and Zenysis – catalyzes the adoption of fresh, contextually-relevant pathways in health market development by building on existing structures and offering strong behavioral, technical, and managerial approaches.
While supporting local market actors to build upon current government and donor investments, we also use systems thinking to understand the market system, identify root causes of market under performance, and develop context-specific and locally informed strategies and solutions to systematically change market environments and health markets. FHM Engage works in 7 intermediate result areas, namely: Stewardship, Health financing, Rules & Regulations, Market Intelligence, Supply (Services), Supply (Products), and Demand. The initial geographic focus is Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Ebonyi. It is anticipated that additional states will be programmed in following years.
- Assist program staff in arranging travel, visas, hotel accommodations for all project-related travel
- Assist with project procurement of goods and services; administer maintenance agreements as directed
- Ensure operation of office equipment including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluation new equipment
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Assist in the processing of accounting transactions in accordance with the general principles of accounting and Chemonics policies
- Processing requisitions for the procurement of goods and services and maintain an updated list of suppliers
- Provide any other administrative support such as filing, copying, completing errands as assigned by leadership to ensure efficient support to the project
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned and responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops, and meetings
- At least 2 years’ experience working in bookkeeping and finance
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, in specific MS Excel and Word
- Strong organizational, work prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with financing and accounting for USAID projects or/and other international donors preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficiency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Must be authorized to work in Nigeria
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Supply Chain Technical Advisor” in the subject line to [email protected] by October 17, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Closing date: 17-Oct-22