Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Administrative Manager who will partner with the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team to provide overall strategic administrative direction for the CP in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
You will manage the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services and coordinate functions in the following operations areas – Logistics in the supply chain, property management and Fleet – in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. As such, you will coordinate the movement of assigned Country Program’s (CP) owned and leased fleet and drivers to assist with meeting all travel and transportation needs in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
You will promote and ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the country program (CP) delivers high-quality Management and continuously works towards improving the impact of the project for those whom we serve.
The position is based in Yaoundé/Cameroon
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions. Anticipate delivery challenges to ensure service continuity.
- Coordinate three main operations functions (logistics, property, and fleet) in addition to the administration function to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources.
- Ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations. Recommend changes in office practices and coordinate revision of systems, policies, and procedures to contribute to operational excellence.
- Oversee and ensure the efficient use and management of CP assets and rented facilities. Ensure fully compliant procurement for office supplies and asset management systems. Organize and ensure inventory monitoring, control, and reporting.
- Effectively manage administrative talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Serve as the key liaison and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders (landlords, service providers, Ministry of External Relations, Customs office, Police/DGSN office, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date.
- Help ensure staff have access to relevant information, training, and safety materials and equipment to ensure a safe and sound work environment.
- Manage the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Manage event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings, workshops, and all staff meetings.
- Ensure the assigned roles and responsibilities and oversee those of supervisees in Insight (SCM workstream)
- Communicate and collaborate with staff to schedule and coordinate vehicle movements, assess, and plan routes, and assign drivers to ensure optimal resource use and meet program needs per required schedules and standards.
- Apply all vehicle management operating procedures in compliance with agency travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
- Supervise and coach assigned drivers to ensure safe and secure driving and strict adherence to CRS vehicle policies.
- Coordinate and assist to obtain vehicle customs clearance, registration, insurance, and plates. Supervise and facilitate the maintenance of all records related to the fleet and fleet operations. Review required documentation for accuracy and completeness, and file per established standards.
- Maintain the Vehicle Management System for proper accountability. Prepare reports to assist decision-making for effective and efficient fleet management, as well as disposal and acquisition recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or another relevant field. Master’s Degree would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in administrative/Office, fleet management and logistics support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with an NGO a plus.
Required Languages – Professional proficiency required in English and French.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to make sound judgment and good decisions
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: [email protected] specifying “**Administrative Manager “**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: October 21th, 2022, at 2:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy
*Closing date: 21-Oct-22