World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Advocacy and Communications Director, Syria Response, you will lead on advocacy and communications for WV’s Syria Response, including strategy design and implementation. You will consider key influencers, field level realities and WV’s strengths to determine objectives that advocate for and with Syrian children and children from host communities and leverage WV’s presence, evidence, brand and opportunities. To accomplish this purpose, you will develop policy analysis, positions, messaging and reports on an ongoing basis and advocate externally. You will also manage communications for World Vision’s Syria Response, overseeing strategic direction and management of a small communications team, to provide support and resources to enable the World Vision partnership to appropriately engage with its various audiences in order to raise funds and the profile of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or a related field applicable to developing country context.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Management or other field applicable to developing country context preferred.
- Demonstrated contribution to the development of country-level strategy, directions and key priorities of an organization’s operations.
- Proven experience in advocacy initiatives, coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Substantial knowledge of country legislative framework at all levels.
- Evidence of high level written and spoken English language abilities.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.