The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Country Management Team
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Turkey the Advocacy, Media, and Communications Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office.
The Advocacy, Media, and Communications (AMC) Manager in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in building and maintaining effective working relationships with members and their donors, in both emergency and development contexts. The Advocacy & Communications Manager will develop and lead delivery of a high quality communications and media strategy, to strengthen the voice of children and to support the Turkey Country Office advocacy efforts towards government and other duty bearers. The AMC Manager will support program development, providing essential analysis, background and review support to program development teams. The post holder will support emergency responses, prepare the Emergency communications strategy, and be ready to deploy in the event of emergencies in Turkey.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree in Policy, Media, or Communications or an area of relevant social development;
- At least 5 years of similar experience in a recognized local or international NGO in Turkey or the ME region with the proven ability to engage a variety of stakeholders by using a communication mix that includes mass media, interpersonal communication channels and online media
- Substantial experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, with experience in successfully leading the development and implementation of communication and campaign strategies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- High level of fluency and grammatical skills in English and Turkish, with ability to write complex papers and do presentations for high profile audiences.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Ability to effectively use web-based applications, Microsoft Office, Publisher, Photoshop and other relevant software.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Preferably has a strong international network within media and marketing
- Preferably demonstrable track record of leading change, resulting in significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders
- Preferably experience of building personal networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNDU5NDUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t