Fixed term | 12 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Afghanistan since 1993, and operates across northern and eastern provinces. ACTED delivers lifesaving relief to the displaced communities with cash and in-kind assistance, shelters, and water and sanitation infrastructure, whilst contributing to long-term recovery and development by providing education and skills training, investing in agriculture and livelihoods, and strengthening local governance.
You will be in charge of
The Country Finance Manager (CFM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. He/she will be responsible for ACTED financial management in-country under the authority of the Country Director and Finance & Administrative Director in HQ. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that ACTED’s financial standards are applied in terms of accounting, financial control systems, internal / external reporting processes, in order to ensure an efficient use of resources. He/She leads, provides technical support and capacity building to the country finance and administrative staff. The CFM shall alert the Country Director and Finance Director in case some major problems arise with a potential financial impact on the mission.
Accounting and treasury Management
- Accounting management – supervise the accounting cycle for the mission
- Treasury management – ensure a controlled and smooth cash management
Commitment of expenditures, budget control, & Financial Management
- Commitment of expenditure – guaranty budget availability and compliance to ACTED and donor’s procedures before releasing payments
- Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits – anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner
Project financial cycle management
- Develop project budgets and reports – ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting ACTED and donors’ rules and deadlines
Team leadership & other tasks
- Manage the team: definition of ToRs, recruitment, appraisal, training, internal mobility
- Promote strong & structured articulations with all ACTED teams
- Plan field missions
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master degree minimum in Finance or related area
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
- Salary between 3700 and 3900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]), including the reference: CFM/AFG
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.