INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Area HR Coordinator – Ukraine emergency response
Duty station: Moldova or home-based (30%), with frequent missions to Ukraine, Moldova and Poland (70%)
Starting date: 21/11/2022
Contract duration: till end of the year
Reporting to: HR Director
Supervision of: HR Coordinator/HR Administrator Manager
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in March 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighbouring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to support refugees, INTERSOS is setting up an emergency response operation in Poland and Ukraine.
General purpose of the position
- Is the guarantor of the coherence and quality of the HR response to operational needs whilst respecting the contextual specificities of missions and of HR vision, ensuring INTERSOS act as a responsible employer.
- Convey HR needs and operational issues in missions to HR department contributing to the effective and fast matching and placement of the human resources
- Is familiar with projects of the area of his competence and actively participates in the decision process for HR strategy in the missions.
- Regularly meet with the regional departmental referents to define HR strategies and discuss HR matters
Main responsibilities and tasks
Coherence and quality of administrative and HR management
- Guide and provide counsel to HR Coordinators and HR Managers for the elaboration and revision of HR strategy adapted to specific missions needs
- Contribute to the analysis of HR needs. Mobilise the mission to provide an HR set up which is clear, precise, complete, quality-driven and predictable. Supervise the quality of set up in missions (Coordination and project)
- Support in the designing of the structure of the missions and link with the regional departmental referents of the relevant departments to finalize the ideal HR set up
- Contribute to development of budget of the human resources of the missions
- Ensure promotion and supervision of respect and contextualised practical application of INTERSOS Human Resources principles, policies, procedures and tools by HR Coordinators and HR Managers, to ensure optimal efficiency. Is guarantor of their coherence and longevity
- Monitor Human Resources and administrative quality of the missions
- Follow legal-judicial situation in missions
- Steer HR Coordinators and HR Managers towards an optimal management of HR information tools (IMP, IRP, etc) and their use as a management tool
- Link with Pool Manager to guarantee the quality of induction process of expatriates before arriving on mission
- Link with HR Coordinators and Pool Manager to guarantee the debriefing of expatriates at end of the mission
- Overview the quality of the Staff Requests
- Link with the missions and provide necessary information to Deployment Administrator regarding deployment process to guarantee timely start of the mission of new recruited expatriates and fill the Deployment Form
- analyse country context in the decision-making process and subsequent enforcement
- ensure that HR decisions respect legal aspects and good HR management
- assist the HR Coordinators in their responsibility of National Staffs in and assures the continuity thereof
- follow up of expatriates during the mission especially in most critical contexts
- in collaboration with HR Coordinators is a key element in resolution and management of conflicts
- collaborate in the design of the salary grid based on the local market
- guarantee the duty of care
Definition of HR demand
- Know HR issues on the field and is an indispensable relay between missions and HR department, and take part in the definition of HR strategies
Replace HR Coordinators in case of gaps
Required profile and experience
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science/International Relations, Economics, Psychology or similar subjects.
- A Master’s in HR Management is considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field (at least 2 in HR positions in the field)
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous experience in the region is an asset
- Professional knowledge in HR
- Experience with the start-up of HR department the in mission is an asset
- Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian are an asset
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Communication skills
- Behavioural flexibility
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/6296151edb3499001e46d35e/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to [email protected], with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2580-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.