“Outraged by the injustice experienced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, where all differences enrich us and where everyone can live upright.”
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For more information, please visit: www.hi.org
Handicap International operations in Iraq
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Sulemaniyah and Diyala Governorates. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the IS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to Enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
- Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
- Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
- Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities
These pillars are complemented by three cross-cutting themes: a comprehensive approach to mine action, inclusion mainstreaming, and protection mainstreaming.
Under the responsibility of the Country Director, you, as South Area Manager, you contribute within the country where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Handicap International. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms.
You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm chain.
Mission 1 : Management
Mission 2 : Strategy and steering
- You contribute to the development of the programme operational strategy, and to its implementation and annual monitoring
- You implement the project part of the Programme’s Operational Strategy
- You contribute to organisational transformation, particularly through changes to managerial practices, continuous improvement, and contribute to the improvement of working processes
Mission 3 : Standards and expertise
- You ensure deployment and compliance with HI global frameworks, institutional policies and standards
Mission 4 : Operational implementation
- Ensure the sound management and monitoring of projects under your responsibility
- Keeping both potential opportunities and risks in mind, contribute to the monitoring and analysis done by the line manager, and propose mitigation measures where relevant
- You develop HI’s external influence (forums, operational and strategic alliances, etc) and the external representation of the organisation (events, media) in your area of responsibility
- You coordinate the teams in your area
- You support the Director/Country Manager in monitoring security in their area and ensure adequate resources according to the context
Mission 5 : Emergency Preparedness and Response
- You hold a degree related to the job such as humanitarian action, political science, international relationships…
- You have at least 4 years of experience in humanitarian project management
- You have excellent communication skills as well as strong writing and reporting skills
- You have proven managerial and representation experience
- You promote capacity building and are able to help your team members progress and gain autonomy
- You know how to take a step back and be reactive in your decision making
- You know how to simplify and prioritize
- Oral and written English is mandatory
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
24 months International contract starting from 20th, June 2022
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2860 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 517.89€ net/month – paid in the field
- Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: /Level 3: 5 days every 8 weeks => + possible transport/package support.
- Unaccompanied position
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
- Mission of more than 12 months : a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JgvkwmLa?idpartenaire=136
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.