Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières, founded in 1971, is an international non-profit organization that provides emergency medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from health care. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of medical professionals, logistics, administrative and various other professions, all guided by our medical ethics and our principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
MSF WaCA, created in 2019, is the first MSF headquarters in Africa, and responds to the desire to reinvent the MSF movement after 50 years of humanitarian actions in the world, for more access to care, more reactivity and proactivity for greater medical coverage of affected populations in the world.
Why join us?
You are preparing to become a member of the MSF family, with over 50 years of emergency medical action that earned it the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
We are an inclusive organization that considers social and professional well-being a right for all and provides an environment that takes into account the diversity of each volunteer.
MSF WaCA claims an African anchorage that considers the local expertise with which it contributes in the implementation of its activities and makes each member, a key actor of the new dynamics of the humanitarian act in the world.
We are looking for: ASSOCIATION DYNAMICS COORDINATOR
Direct Manager: Association & Communication Director
MSF Interactions: WaCA Members and Ops
Working %: 100%
Position Based in: Abidjan
Mobility: 50% (Mainly West & Central Africa)
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Renewable
Position to be filled: As Soon As Possible
- Contributes to the MSF WaCA global strategy. In collaboration with the WaCA Asso Team, stimulates and develop the Association Dynamics by helping the MSF WaCA Association members to be linked with the Medico-Humanitarian Operations of MSF.
- Triggers and stimulates the dynamics between the MSF Operations and the Members (as well as between MSF WaCA members)
- Helps the different country groups to get organized and develop a useful engagement for the MSF Operations.
- Facilitate the interactions and exchanges between the different local dynamics (at countries level) to reach a global dynamic.
- Support the development of the MSF network via the MSF WaCA members and the civil society.
- Supervision of the Association Dynamics Officers network.
Main responsibilities / Activities
- Supervision of the WaCA Association Dynamics Officers
- Monthly basis gathering, compilation and analysis of the different country dynamics.
- Daily exchanges with the Association dynamics officers
- Co-handling of the digital groups of Associates (with the Asso COMs Officer)
- Monthly reporting of the activities.
- Team spirit
- Innovation / Creativity
- Critical thinking
- Listener and ability to requestion her/himself
- Flexibility / Reactivity
- Sense of humor
Professional experience required
- Experience in the Associative sphere (3y +)
- Experience within a humanitarian entity (3y +)
- Experience in project management (2y +)
- Both working proficiency in English and French
(According to the coordination responsibilities of the position in both French and English-speaking countries, the hired person must be able to easily communicate in both languages.)
- MS Office suite (mainly MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
In a dynamic work environment, MSF offers equal recruitment and development opportunities without any form of discrimination based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, geographical origin, profile, physical disability or any other discriminatory ground.
Female candidates who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
N.B.:This job description provides a framework for the main responsibilities and primary activities of the position. It is not exhaustive. Therefore, the responsibilities and activities of the position may differ from those described in this job description due to organizational and operational needs
Deadline: 31/03/2023 18:00 GMT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacte
How to apply
Kindly Apply via this Link: ASSOCIATION DYNAMICS COORDINATOR (recruitee.com)
Deadline: 31 Mar 2023