The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for Award Management department in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position involves supporting award information management and compliance with systems and processes.
Under the direction of Programme Operations Manager, the Awards Officer will be responsible for supporting the awards management department to adhere to all award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
This role will work closely with PDQ and Program Implementation/Program Operations on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree in International development, Business Administration, Finance and/or experience working in a related role
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Experience working with implementing partners and managing sub awards/grants
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Familiarity with Awards Management systems is preferable.
- Preferably Turkish language skills (written and spoken)
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMTE4OTAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t