Role & Responsibilities
The Benefits & HR Administration Assistant supports the management of the Benefits & HR Administration of all employees and volunteers at the global support office (GSO), and helps in the onboarding of those sent out from GSO to country programmes (IRS). Duties include supporting payroll process, social insurances, taxes, and other employee lifecycle administrative processes such as personnel data and file management, and all this from on-boarding to off-boarding. The Benefits & HR Administration Assistant ensures the administration is executed in compliance with Swiss legislation and Medair procedures.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2022. Open-ended contract, part-time 50%-80%.
Key Activity Areas
- Maintain and improve the Medair GSO Volunteer Program by coordinating the recruitment (e.g. through private requests, Bénévolat Vaud, IDCN, Reloc café, Medair backoffice), on-boarding, life-cycle (administration and travel reimbursements) and off-boarding of GSO volunteers, in compliance with related Swiss regulations.
- Ensure volunteers are welcomed and receive induction when they join Medair. Be the HR focal point for volunteers working at Medair’s GSO, support them and advocate for any HR needs they may have.
- Plan and participate in organizing an annual thank you luncheon or a way to express appreciation to volunteers.
- Maintain strong collaboration with SYNI and Lausanne Jobs (city of Lausanne reinsertion program) to offer a short-term contract to motivated unemployed professionals.
- Maintain the smooth operation of Medair accommodations, coordinate bookings in relation with staff needing accommodations and communicating the up-to-date guidelines and directions, and flat key retrieve.
- Monitor the general condition of the accommodation and report to the Logistics Officer in charge of facility management and to the Ben & HR Admin TL if maintenance is needed.
- Contribute to building good relationships with cleaners, owners of the residencies and key contacts in other accommodation regularly booked for Medair staff.
- Responsible to deliver cost effective administration of the on & off-boarding of GSO staff, especially in regard of contracts editing, visas and work permit requests, as well as managing administration related to accidents, sickness, maternity leave, child allowances, administrative documentation for GSO employees visiting the field programmes, vacation and public holidays, and filling of personnel folder and Off-boarding activities in compliance with related Swiss legislation & labour law requirements.
- Own the organisation of the Induction, for any new GSO or IRS colleague.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Specialist and ensure all Inductees receive the relevant trainings. Coordinate and assist in HR related logistics between Inductee (IRS) and the Field focal points.
- Work together with Ben & HR Admin TL to ensure all supporting documents are available for each month payroll.
- Be responsible of the timely payment of withholding tax invoices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure the maintenance of Medair People (HR Information System) for managing compensation and benefit information accurately reflecting changes for incoming and outgoing volunteers and staff.
- Responsible for timely communication and reporting with the broker regarding the management of medical benefits, payments and claims reimbursement.
- Update documentation when changes to policies and procedures are communicated.
- Collaborate with the Ben & HR Admin TL to improve HR systems, policies, processes and procedures that relate to HR Administration in line with the HR strategy, and to contribute to their definition, elaboration and implementation especially in relation to the area of back office administrative management.
- Support change management in HR and the organisation. Collaborate on assigned HR projects.
- Continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the Benefits & HR Admin Co-Leads and stakeholders.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in HR, or equivalent education.
- Familiar with Swiss social system and Swiss Labour law. Swiss HR Administration certification desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge French (spoken & written). Good working knowledge English (spoken & written).
- 2 years in an equivalent HR position. Knowledge of Swiss social benefits, labour laws, and regulations.
- Good customer service skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Good team player, servant hearted.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment. Working experience with an HR information system.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work within a multicultural team.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.