Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Business Development Services (BDS)/Enterprise Competitiveness Director, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Business Development Services (BDS)/Enterprise Competitiveness Director for an anticipated access to finance program in Bangladesh funded by USAID. The program will increase access to finance for small- and medium-sized agribusinesses, smallholder farmers, and the rural poor to become more creditworthy, and stimulate increased lending from banks, microfinance institutions, and other lenders through the use of blended finance.
The BDS/Enterprise Competitiveness Director will actively seek opportunities for integrating SMEs with BDS, vocational training, workforce development, and related enterprises. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Design and manage direct firm-level assistance to SMEs working in key subsectors
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the enterprise development component
- Identify, assess, and select potential implementing partners for emerging intervention areas
- Build the business model and technical capacity of selected service providers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of market functions
- Engage in market promotion and dissemination of relevant market information in supporting the targeted enterprises
- Conduct assessment of enterprise markets system to identify constraints and opportunities in Bangladesh
- Facilitate work plan development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring within the enterprise market systems
- Link producer groups and processors by developing sales contracts, creating and attending meetings between actors to kick-start partnering, and screening potential producers to meet the requirements of the processors
- Provide innovative sector analysis and recommendations for improved competitiveness and upgrading within selected value chains
- Deliver relevant technical assistance to producers and/or SMEs in other critical upgrading activities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, investment finance, microfinance, agriculture, economics, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in international development or relevant SME support field.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainable, market-oriented solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international donor programs’ rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate, and ability to think systematically.
- Experience working in Bangladesh preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Bangla preferred.
Bangladeshi nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
*Closing date: 31-Oct-22