What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will bring together and ‘actionize’ biosimilar data across all areas of Cardinal Health to improve existing, and develop new, data enabled solutions for an array of Cardinal Health customers. This role will support providers, pharmacists, payers, and biosimilar manufacturers by developing tools and products to help them understand key biosimilar insights as they relate to their respective businesses. Ultimately, their work will help maximize the value of biosimilars across Cardinal Health by providing data-enabled insights highlighting biosimilar opportunities, potential product cost savings, operational efficiencies, and marketing strategies.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, economics, analytics, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in healthcare or related field
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of biosimilars and the biosimilars market a plus
- Prior experience working in targeted therapeutic areas a plus (oncology, rheumatology, ophthalmology, and/or endocrinology)
- Mastery of data analysis and visualization tools including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, SAP
- Demonstrated experience working with customers over the phone
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical prowess and uses analysis to enable better data-driven decision-making
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects and requests simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and time management skills
- Comfort and experience working in a matrixed organization
- Proven market research and analysis experience
- Search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Remote, work from home
- 0-5% travel as required by the business
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated salary range: $66,000-$104,200
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cardinalhealth.com.