United States of America
Scope of Work
Translation and Interpretation Services
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long-term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria Project (IM) is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. IM is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor. PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
- Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner
- Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation
- Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings
The IM team is a results-focused, multidisciplinary and multicultural team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
IM is seeking a vendor to provide translation and interpretation services in English/French leading up to and during its virtual Annual Meeting from July 11-18. Please see the below specifications that are being requested.
Translation services-please provide the rate per word or page
English to French & French to English translation
Rush Translation Services rates
English to French & French to English translation with short turnaround time (please specify what constitutes short turnaround time)
A kickoff meeting of 60 minutes to ensure PSI and interpretation team are on the same page in terms of meeting flow, access, and the terminology that will be discussed. Interpreters will also be expected to log on to the meetings 30 minutes in advance of the events for each day and session to test connectivity and troubleshoot any access issues.
The vendor should provide interpreters who will connect virtually via Zoom and provide simultaneous interpretation between French and English (English to French, French to English, for 4 hours each day, for the 6 weekdays from the period of July 11th – 18th, 2022. It is anticipated that there will be 90-100 people in attendance in one Zoom room and the project will use interpretation channels to facilitate interpretation. Interpretation in advance of the event is also anticipated for pre-recorded presentations.
For translations, please note that the rates per word/page should be fixed for the duration of the contract with PMI Impact Malaria. For interpretation, price should be listed as a cost per unit and quotes should be inclusive of all costs.
The agreement with the selected vendor is anticipated to be valid until July 31, 2022.
The PMI Impact Malaria project is seeking one or more vendors to provide translation services for presentations and other technical documents in preparation for the IM Annual Meeting, as well as (or live) interpretation services in advance of and simultaneously (live) during the meeting. Preference will be given to US registered small businesses with a Unique Entity Identifier (SAM) (formerly DUNS number). Please indicate your Unique Entity Identifier in the proposal if applicable.
- Languages: Translation and interpretation between English and French is reguired
- Content: Please note that project documents and vernacular are highly technical and consist of malaria-specific and medical. The translations and interpretation should be done with a public health perspective and the vendor should use the appropriate language for our audience which might include USAID, African governments, public health professionals and health works from various countries;
- PMI Impact Malaria has a list of common malaria technical terminology in French and This document will be shared with the vendor for reference to support the translation and interpretation process;
- Rush charges: the project may require documents translated on a short turnaround.The proposed quote should indicate your company’s ability to turnaround documents quickly, separately quote for charges associated with rush jobs, and outline criteria for what qualifies as a rushed translation;
- Staff: Proposals should highlight the general qualifications of staff performing translation and interpretation including CVs of translators and interpreters on staff
For translations, price should be listed as a rate per word or rate per page. The quote should be inclusive of all costs (if applicable) such as editing, reviewing, formatting etc. For interpretation, price should be listed as a cost per unit and quotes should be inclusive of all costs.
The selected vendor will be responsible for completing the following deliverable:
Timely and successful translation of documents from English to French and French to English. Please note that this also includes formatting, copyediting, and reviewing the final document.
- At least 5 years of translating technical documents from French to English and English to French reguired
- At least 5 years of interpretation from French to English and from English to French reguired
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical documents (examples of previous work done for public health organizations and references required);
- Demonstrated ability to provide simultaneous interpretation from English to French, and from French to English
- Experience working with non-profits preferred;
- Preference given to US registered small businesses.