DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, MFAT, FCDO, and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Summary of Consultancy:
In 2020, DT Global U.S. completed its first Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory, paving the way for DT Global to set emissions reductions targets, institutionalize sustainable best practices, and develop policies and procedures to reflect the company’s commitment to reducing our carbon emissions footprint. Additionally, in June 2021, DT Global US formally committed to developing science-based targets aligned with the Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTI) criteria and committed to improving the way it does business by adopting ‘environmentally friendly’ operational and procurement practices at the corporate home office and field office levels. DT Global is seeking a Carbon Account Expert (Consultant) to review current corporate GHG inventory data and analysis to ensure accuracy, alignment with SBTI targets and international carbon inventory standards, and to provide guidance on developing best practices for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Support DT Global’s greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory analysis and reporting, focusing on ensuring data integrity and cultivating best practices for data collection and analysis
- Review past data inventory and analysis for data gaps and provide recommendations for ensuring data accuracy
- Ensure data and analysis is properly documented and aligned with establish SBTI targets and criteria
- Provide recommendations for implementing GHG inventory collection in field offices across the globe
- Develop internal tools and methodologies that improve DT Global’s ability to calculate and validate our carbon footprint; train staff in how to properly use these tools and methodologies
- Support the development of a GHG Inventory Management Guide
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for emissions reductions and carbon offsetting
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, climate data, energy and sustainability, business, or similar
- 8+ years relevant work experience providing advisory and developing tools or methodologies for carbon accounting, corporate carbon offsetting, or similar
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol accounting and reporting standards
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience conducting high-quality greenhouse gas inventories, developing greenhouse gas management plans, and ability to effectively communicate data results and actionable steps
- Master’s degree in environmental science, climate data, sustainability, or similar
- Experience working with USAID contractors and knowledge of FAR and AIDAR rules and regulations
- Strong technical background in greenhouse gas data analysis / quantitative research
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
Closing date: 20-Oct-22