Desired start date: 02/01/2023
Duration: Permanent contract
Location: Solidarités International headquarters, Clichy with field trips
WHAT WE DO…
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their basic needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI’s interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams – 2000 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at HQ, and a few volunteers… – intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms.
ABOUT THE JOB
Within SI’s Deputy Direction of Operation for Programmes (DOAP), the Cash and Vouchers Assistance (CVA) and Markets Technical Advisor is responsible for the integration of cash transfer and market-based approaches into the organisation’s sectoral strategies and, ensures that they are appropriated by the country teams.
To this end, he/she will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SI’s sectoral strategies.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development or adaptation of framework documents relating to cash transfer modalities (Quality and Cash Policies, Global Distribution Framework, Procedures, internal notes, etc.)
- Provide, in close coordination with the technical advisors and coordinators, and the desks, technical and methodological support on cash transfer modalities and market-based approaches, from HQ and during field visits.
- Participate in annual country programming where relevant (on request).
- Contribute to the definition of the DOAP annual action plan and achieve the objectives for which he/she is responsible.
- Participate in strengthening the organisation’s expertise and represent SI in forums dedicated to cash transfers and market-based approaches.
Education: Master’s degree in humanitarian project management, economics or equivalent.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience as a humanitarian worker on projects using cash transfer modalities (including at least two years as coordinator or technical advisor).
Experience in market-based approaches.
Experience with programmes including social protection and/or access to credit and savings activities is an asset.
Technical and methodological skills:
- Design and implementation of cash transfer tools and methodologies.
- Market analysis methodologies.
- Socio-economic vulnerability assessments and project evaluation.
- Cash transfer analysis frameworks/tools.
- Good knowledge of FSL, WASH and Shelter programmes and analytical frameworks/tools.
- Project cycle management and project management tools.
- Previous experience in training design and facilitation.
- Experience with RedRose.
Experience with database management, Microsoft Office
French – Fluent
English – Fluent
Spanish – Would be an asset
- Commitment and interest in humanitarian action.
- Organizational skills, adaptability and autonomy.
- Reactivity, initiative.
- Good presentation, interpersonal skills, pedagogy, network management.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Position based at Solidarités International headquarters in Clichy la Garenne (Metro Mairie de Clichy) with possible field deployments
- Permanent contract
- Gross monthly salary of: 3 093€ or 3 222€ according to the headquarters salary scale
- Possibility of telecommuting: 4 or 12 days of telework per month or 100% telework with 3 days of mandatory per month in HQ (TT package paid monthly).
- Vacations: 2.0833 CP /month and 1 day of RTT / full month of work
Mutual health (80%), luncheon vouchers (60%), Île de France Ticket Pass (50%) paid for by the association
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, please send us your CV and cover letter!
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org
How to apply
Closing date: 21 Jan 2023