National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International
NCBA CLUSA is seeking candidates for the multiple positions of Chief of Party for the Food for Progress (FFPr) Program funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in the West African region (Mauritania, Gambia, Togo).
FFPr Program helps developing countries and emerging democracies modernize and strengthen their agricultural sectors. The 2023 Program’s principal focus is to strengthen food security with increased application of Climate Smart Agriculture in the horticulture sector. The expected duration of the Program is 36 to 60 months, beginning in November 2023. This will be a contract position pending award from USDA.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and oversee the design and implementation of project activities.
- Lead internal and external project planning and reporting, including annual work planning with partners and sub-recipients.
- Facilitate dialogue with all levels of government, including working at the district and community levels.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USDA resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USDA and NCBA CLUSA standards.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting.
- Serve as the primary representative of the project to USDA, relevant government entities, partners, and other implementers and stakeholders.
- Ensure project harmony among project staff, consortium partners and/or sub-contractors.
- Manage, supervise, ensure harmony and build capacity of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐contractors, as proposed.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity, social inclusion and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, trade policy, agriculture, food security, agribusiness, climate change, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in managing and leading projects, preferably in food security, agricultural production, climate change mitigation and adaptation, trade facilitation, and logistics; Chief of Party/Country (Regional) Director or Program Manager experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience in implementing climate smart agriculture solutions for increased productivity, experience in horticulture, supply chain and sustainable sourcing of commodities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build, negotiate and maintain relationships with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate, and manage staff, consortium partners, and/or sub-contractors.
- Experience designing and implementing gender-sensitive and youth inclusive development programming preferred.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USDA rules and regulations.
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence, tact, and diplomacy; able to model respect in the workplace and for partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an engaging style for public presentations, and analytical, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
Fluency in English is required. Candidates for Togo and Mauritania should have fluency in French and English.
How to apply
To be considered applicants shall forward to [email protected] the following documents with the subject line “USDA-COP-country name” latest by March 24, 2023:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format with most recent work listed first
Deadline: 24 Mar 2023