International Rescue Committee
Job Summary: Sacramento’s Safety & Wellness Program is seeking a Client Advocate to assist in providing targeted services and assistance to survivors of domestic violence. This is an exciting opportunity have an impact by extending wellness services to our female clients and addressing the barriers and ongoing needs faced. Your role will include conducting gender-based violence screenings for adult, female refugees and provide continuing services for survivors. You will also assist our team in programming aimed at strengthening women’s integration and empowerment.
Are you someone who has the drive to empower women and have experience in working in a multi-cultural environment? Then we want you to apply to join our team which embraces diversity and puts equity at the core of our mission!
· Provide case management and targeted services to domestic violence survivors including individualized services plans and assistance in navigating the criminal justice system and accessing supportive services;
· Administer Bridge to Safety screenings for newly arrived, adult female refugee clients;
· Promote safe spaces for disclosure and conversations regarding gender equality and women’s rights;
· Assist in planning and implementing women’s educational activities including, but not limited to, cultural orientation and wellness classes for women;
· Assist in overall client wellness activities within the Sacramento office;
· Ensure accurate case notes and tracking of screenings, services, referrals, and outcomes;
· Refer clients to the appropriate service providers and resources as needed;
· Develop and maintain partnerships with referral organizations to ensure survivors have access to culturally and linguistically appropriate services including safe housing, counseling, legal services, and law enforcement;
· Oversee volunteers and interns involved, assigned to the projects.
· Assist in completion of objectives and reporting for relevant grants;
· Participate in relevant program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a team member;
· Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Gender Equity and Safety Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: The Client Advocate will work as a member of the Safety and Wellness team. This position will also develop working relationships with Resettlement and ICM staff and collaborate with internal programming to support achievement of program goals.
External: The Client Advocate will develop working relationships and support referrals systems with community service providers under the topic areas of crime, domestic violence, and women’s empowerment. This includes, but is not limited to, law enforcement and domestic violence shelters.
· Must meet the requirements of a domestic violence counselor, pursuant to Evidence Code §1037.1(a)(1).
· 2+ years of professional experience providing domestic violence services to survivors required. Case management or experience serving refugee populations preferred;
· Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in additional language relevant to current refugee populations (Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Spanish, etc.) preferred.
· Previous multi-cultural experience and proven ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred;
· Strong command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
· High school degree required. Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Social Work, Public Health, International Studies or an equivalent experience or field of study preferred.
· Standard office work environment coupled with regular travel in and around the service delivery area.
· Reoccurring need to provide services outside of traditional work hours (evenings and weekends).
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
**US Benefits:**We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website:
Closing date: 21-Nov-22