Save the Children
The National Communications and Campaigns Officer: reports to the Advocacy and Media Manager of ACCM, and he/she is responsible for:
* Developing and implementing communications and Campaign plans for the country office.
* Initiating drafts of Communication related outputs (press releases, Q&A documents and key advocacy messages).
* Consistently collects contents to ensure brand visibility (case studies, video, photos, multimedia contents etc) for use by the SCI and members.
* Proactively works with humanitarian team to support humanitarian communications needs.
Overall, s/he is responsible for designing and delivering robust communications and campaign plan to support country strategic plan. S/he is responsible for developing and sharing of quality information and other communication materials, managing and updating social media platforms and supporting other staff members to achieve brand consistency in line with organizational policy standards and donor requirements.
S/he works closely with the country office leadership team, Senior Advocacy & Media Manager, Program Managers and partners to promote Save the Children’s policy influencing and public campaigns to influence internal and external audience.
The post holder contributes to maintaining relationship with the key relevant campaign stakeholders, members and donors to advance children’s rights agenda in the country.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy and Media Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None.
Budget Responsibilities: None
**KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Develop and implement a strategic approach to strengthening meaningful and safe child-led campaigning and participation.
* Design and implement child-led campaigning and public awareness-raising activities that support children’s direct and indirect engagement in driving policy change.
* Work with local partners to develop networks of child campaigners who are trained and empowered to act as agents of change.
* Develop key campaign messaging and narratives that reflect the needs, experiences, and inputs of the children we work with.
* Build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with regional and global campaigns teams to ensure consistent approaches, commons messages, and that children in Iraq have the opportunity to meaningfully participate in regional/global campaign events and activities.
* Work effectively in coalitions with local and national NGOs to ensure coordination, share expertise, and maximise impact towards shared objectives.
2. External Communications:
* Identifying and documenting stories and case studies that give voice to children and their needs and/or the impact of our work to support communications, media, advocacy, and fundraising materials.
* Developing – where possible, with the involvement of children – and presenting stories, photos, messaging fact sheets, and multimedia products for Save the Children in Iraq’s target audiences.
* Develop and implement a social media strategy that supports Save the Children in Iraq campaign priorities and communicates the impact of our work, with a focus on children’s voices and experiences.
* Coordinate media and press visits to Save the Children programs.
* Regularly update the Iraq Country Office comms pack.
* Work closely with child safeguarding and child protection colleagues to ensure that all children involved in our communications, advocacy, and media work are protected from any potential harm or repercussions
* Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of Save the Children are uniformly and consistently followed across the Country Office.
2.1. Internal Communication:
* Develop and update a calendar capturing key dates for advocacy, campaigns, communications, and media (ACCM) activities.
* Compile and develop outputs such as country reports, sit reps, and newsletters as required.
* Develop and deliver a clear and effective system for internal communications, including being able to scale up the delivery of robust communications materials during emergencies
* Produce and lead internal communications for Save the Children IRAQ Country Office, including internal newsletters.
* Compile and develop Save the Children’s country reports, sit reps, and newsletters as required.
* Provide support to content and layout of creative promotional materials such as leaflets, fact sheets, infographics, creative audio-visual information, brochures and other communications materials.
* Lead the development of a communications calendar capturing priorities of actions and products for the Country office
* Management of internal communications content, including archiving, and uploading on content Hub and other platforms.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
* holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplined risks.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Degree in Social Science, Journalism, Information and Communication or Diploma with three years experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* At least three years of professional experience in Advocacy, Campaigning, and Communications management within NGO.
* Previous experience of working on child rights issues in a humanitarian and/or development context.
* Previous experience of participatory approaches to working with children.
* Excellent writing skills for the preparation of newsletters, brochures, documents, reports, and correspondence
* Strong representational and communication skills
* Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
* Track record of developing and implementing communications and campaign strategies to achieve change.
* Strong understanding of different approaches for communicating information to a wide range of audiences.
* Strong understanding of and experience in different campaign methods and tactics.
* Proven ability to produce high-quality written and visual materials for different actors and audiences.
* Proven ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of actors and audiences.
* Excellent verbal communication and writing skills in both English and Arabic.
* Understanding of the importance of child safeguarding and protection protocols.
* Ability to multi task, work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, responsive to external requests and strong team player.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmFiZHVscmFoaW0uMDM4MjIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t