Medicines for Humanity
Title: Curriculum Writer Consultant
Reports to: Program Coordinator (Learning for Humanity)
Location: Remote/ Home Office
Type: Consultant Temporary
Medicines for Humanity (MFH) is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997 with the mission to save the lives of vulnerable children and mothers. We work in areas of high child mortality. We collaborate with and empower committed in-country partners to strengthen maternal and child health (MCH) in the communities we serve. MFH builds the capacity of in-country healthcare partners (typically congregations of Catholic sisters) to initiate or expand evidence-based interventions that prevent child deaths and improve child health.
Learning for Humanity (L4H) is an online learning platform, created by Medicines for Humanity, for Catholic Sisters. Our commitment is to support the Sisters’ efforts to save the lives of children and their mothers in the most vulnerable communities on the planet. In many places, Sisters are the communities’ only source of essential health services. They are champions for maternal and child health care, and their devotion and commitment to providing life-saving services do not waver.
To effectively reduce child and maternal mortality, Sisters need access to develop critical skills further, update their knowledge and data, and continue their education. Medicines for Humanity (MFH) created Learning for Humanity as a social enterprise to address the need for training Sisters in remote communities worldwide. The L4H curriculum focuses on training through participatory learning; building proficiency, competent, and knowledgeable abilities; practical application of skills and mentoring for various topics. Content is interactive and synergistic, with live sessions, webinars, videos, animations, and activities. Courses, which we call Paths, encourage collaboration and teamwork with other learners through discussion boards, chat rooms, and capstone projects.
Scope of Work:
This Scope of Work must be completed between May and September 2022. It is anticipated to require 15 hours of work weekly. The objectives of SOW include:
- Research and develop two original curriculums for MFH’s online virtual learning platform for Catholic Sisters- Learning for Humanity:
- The Project Management Learning Path curriculum consists of approximately eight courses. The path content and activities must align with L4H style, format, and approach. The path will be a compilation of publicly available content with appropriate citations and newly written content from the Consultant’s collection of research and data.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Learning Path curriculum consists of approximately four courses. The path content and activities must align with L4H style, format, and approach. The path will be a compilation of Learning for Humanity material, publicly available content with appropriate citations, and newly written content from the consultant’s collection of research and data.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum writing/developing training material for learners with limited capacity and knowledge.
- Ability to research potential sources for training material, synthesize and reformat to fit the curriculum style of L4H. Know how to write appropriate citations.
- Experience in developing/designing virtual interactive activities for learners.
- Excellent writing skills.
- High-speed internet access is required, along with using Skype, Zoom, GoToMeeting, and other virtual meeting software.
- Can work independently and virtually.
- Available to meet as required despite any time zone differences.
- Requires a person who is organized, with attention to detail, and dependable.
- Scope of work must be delivered within an agreed-upon timeline.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email the following to Govinda Bilges at [email protected] by June 9, 2022, to be considered for this position:
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample, preferable a training curriculum or report that has been written and edited only by you.
- Two references, including one past employer with names, emails, and phone numbers.
Potential candidates that are determined to meet the qualifications will be contacted.