International Rescue Committee
The Digital Inclusion Specialist will support IRC’s Digital Inclusion Project under the direct supervision of the Senior Digital Inclusion Project Lead. This position will support a digital literacy network of key stakeholders in the City Heights community and the development of in-language materials to address core digital skills. This role will provide ongoing direct literacy services to clients and will serve as the Digital Navigator for San Diego’s Digital Navigator Program- integrating NDIA training into culturally and linguistically competent Digital literacy training series. In addition, this role will support the distribution of technology to households participating in CFO programs and further the development of relevant resources.
- Complete National Digital Inclusion Alliance Training;
- Support the development of a Digital literacy training series;
- Support the development and implementation of 1:1 digital coaching and responsive services;
- Collaborate with community partners to implement and refine the Digital Literacy training series in response to evolving population needs;
- Collaborate with community partners to engage in comprehensive digital asset mapping;
- With the guidance of Senior Digital Inclusion Project Lead and PQI-based Digital Skills Coordinator, further develop in-language start-up packets, lesson-specific video series and other materials;
- Coordinate the distribution of devices and start-up packets;
- Conduct digital skills development one-on-one sessions and integrated instruction within workshops and trainings;
- Conduct client assessments and data tracking in ETO;
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and client data entry. Ensure necessary steps are taken to obtain relevant data in a timely fashion; follow-up with all clients regularly and record all contacts with case notes;
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other IRC staff and volunteers as part of the review, evaluation and program maintenance process;
- Ensure all eligible clients receive quality service, timely follow-up, and referrals to other IRC programs as appropriate;
- Deliver digital skills education workshops for all applicable cohort-based training. Administer pre- and post-assessments as appropriate;
- Collaborate closely with relevant community partners;
- Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities;
- Follow all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in a related field strongly preferred; or mix of equivalent years of related work experience and education;
1+ years experience in the non-profit sector strongly preferred;
Prior experience working with refugee, immigrant and low-income populations required;
High level of familiarity with digital literacy, inclusion, and access efforts required;
High level of familiarity in using information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information;
1 + years experience with instruction/training, client counseling, case management, or coaching required;
Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds required;
Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and maintain responsibility for multiple tasks;
Excellent organizational skills;
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a high aptitude in making in-person and web-based presentations;
Proficiency in relevant refugee and immigrant languages in addition to English strongly preferred;
- Standard, professional office environment; full or partial remote delivery of services while IRC offices are closed due to CV-19;
- Regular travel to off-site locations is required;
- Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area;
- Offices hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm; some weekend and evening hours.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How to apply
Closing date: 11/9/2022