Chemonics International Inc., an international development consulting firm, seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Communications Director for an ongoing USAID-funded activity supporting Ukraine based in Poland. The successful candidates may be based in Warsaw, or remotely elsewhere in Poland.
● Responsible for leading the rigorous monitoring, evaluation and learning requirements of the project to measure progress towards initial and intermediary results and the overall project goals.
● Overall responsibility for life of project MEL and communications; also supports, advises, and provides guidance for program and activity level MEL and communications
● Oversee the design and implementation of the activity’s MEL Approach, including data collection, results reporting to meet OTI requirements, and learning activities.
● Experience monitoring program objectives through an effective results framework and through regular monitoring of results
● Create, organize, and submit progress reports and deliverables.
● Organize data collection and develop tracking tools for survey data, results, and progress information
● Build capacity of staff in data collection and data quality assurance methods. Work with partners to increase capacity to provide quality, timely data
● Liaise with technical staff and implementing partners to identify and prioritize key project successes to be included in external communications materials.
● Supervise production of technical reports, and coordination across project teams to set standards for and harmonize data included in all contractual (including ad hoc) reporting requested by and submitted to our client
● Supervises the MEL Director and oversees MEL team.
● Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or related field; master’s degree preferred;
● At least 10 years of experience designing and utilizing tools for data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of donor-funded projects;
● Experience working with government bodies and local organizations;
● Experience with results frameworks, indicators, and targets
● Proven experience designing MEL methodologies and tools; designing and implementing baseline assessments and impact evaluations;
● Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and strong organizational skills required;
● Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications;
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
● Proficiency in spoken and written English required. Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, required and ability to work in Ukrainian, Polish, and/or Russian preferred.
How to apply
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by May 2, 2022. Please insert the position you are applying for in the subject line (MELC Director – Poland”) and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining your interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.