We are delighted to be recruiting for an inspirational Communications Leader to join Mary’s Meals International, as Director of Communications. Reporting to our Chief Growth Officer and working in close collaboration with our Director of Marketing, you will lead and develop our global communications strategy, across a variety of channels, including media, PR, and faith-based networks, to find innovative ways to reach new audiences and engage with our global movement.
Communications are at the very heart of Mary’s Meals, you will have the privilege of enabling others to tell their story and the stories of those we serve. You will be comfortable working at a senior level, will bring a true global communications focus to our Growth Senior Leadership team and work closely with our National Affiliates to promote a culture of inclusivity and communications cohesiveness across our Mary’s Meals network.
With a passion for storytelling, you will lead a growing content team to build, develop and curate our content as a valuable resource for our global family and will oversee the creation of new assets, including books and films, to share the Mary’s Meals story, on a global scale.
- Serve as the lead role model for our unique tone of voice, empowering our MM family to express our values and organisational culture through all internal and external communications.
- Provide strong servant leadership to your team, supporting their growth and providing opportunities for ongoing development.
- Lead on the development and execution of our Communications strategy, including Media, PR, Content Development and Crisis communications.
- Support the global MM family in the development of communications expertise, capability, and strategy, working closely with the Marketing directorate to ensure that stories and content support the ongoing campaigns and evergreen activities.
A true communications professional, you will combine your passion for communications and our important work, to drive a communications strategy that will play a key role in us reaching 3 million of the world’s poorest children by 2023 and 10 million children by 2031. With proven experience of effectively developing and implementing strategy, policies and projects, within a complex global organisation, you will thrive on the challenge our ambitious growth targets and working in true partnership with our culturally and geographically diverse movement.
You will also need:
- Robust knowledge of the communications arena, including content, editorial, branding, PR and media relations.
- Proven experience of leading communications teams, ideally within an international setting.
- Proven experience of managing external service providers, including marketing and creative agencies.
- Experience of managing brand positioning and messaging for an organisation.
- True commitment to our vision, mission and values.
We are a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. As an organisation, named after Mary the mother of Jesus and shaped by Christian values, we feel that the way we do things is as important as the result and we welcome all who wish to play their part in our important work. We continue to change the lives of over 2.2 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work-life balance, we also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
If you are inspired to join our movement and our vision, mission and values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply, please click below and please click on this link Director of Communications – Remote – Mary’s Meals International (workable.com) and tell us why you want to join Mary’s Meals and why you would make a great Director of Communications here at Mary’s Meals International.
Closing date: 6-Oct-22