CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position
Under the overall supervision of the Clinical Supervisor in close collaboration with a logistic officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support for running a mobile medical vehicle to the field in the South of Libya.
- Drive IOM procured a mini truck comprised of a Mobile Medical Unit for outreach clinic and the community – different locations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean;
- Ensure the vehicle undertake regular service intervals and maintain the cleanliness of the inside and outside part of the vehicle;
- Ensure that the vehicle always has sufficient fuel before departure for field trips and a sufficient amount to drive to the airport or nearest hospital/police station.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination;
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle(s) is used only for official/ authorized business, as advised by the supervisor;
- Make sure the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared to summarize statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc.
- Assists medical staff with patient coordination and monitoring flow of patients
- Oversees patient waiting areas at mobile clinics
- Picks up and stocks supply for clinic vehicle operation (i.e. rubber gloves, forms, etc.)
- Manages vehicle’s wastewater systems, including dumping at wastewater
- Ensure turning on & off all necessary equipment (autoclave, water, compressor, x-ray processor, etc.) at the beginning and end of each day;
- Keep a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions which involves IOM and its officials;
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to staff or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Ensure the steps required by local rules and regulations (on driving) are followed in case of involvement in an accident;
- Perform other duties as may be required since the nature of the IOM missions sometimes requires working after normal working hours or at weekends and official
Medical in charge of a mobile clinic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and act consistently with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates an ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others in realizing and developing their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.