Danish Refugee Council
Assignment: Durable Solutions Consultant Location: Tunis Reports to: Head of Programmes Time frame: 4 weeks, approx 20 working days Expected start date: 1st October 2022
1. Introduction and Background :
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organisation which promotes and supports durable solutions to the challenges faced by displaced people around the world. DRC has been operational in Libya since 2011, providing assistance and protection services to safeguard the dignity, safety, and wellbeing of Libya’s most vulnerable and at-risk populations, including migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), returnees, and host communities. DRC’s interventions include protection services, legal aid, shelter assistance, multi-purpose cash transfer (MPCT), economic recovery, WASH, local peacebuilding, Explosive Ordinance Risk Education (EORE) and Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA). DRC currently has offices in Tripoli and Benghazi, with a coordination office in Tunis.
DRC Libya’s focus is to address the needs of all conflict and displacement-affected groups in Libya, including internally displaced persons (IDPs), returnees, host communities, migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers. DRC’s integrated approach aims to support individuals, communities, systems, and structures in improving socioeconomic conditions using a gender and conflict sensitive lens as well as examining, understanding, and addressing root causes of challenges faced at the community level and how this impacts national social cohesion and durable solutions.
Introduction to assignment
DRC seeks to commission a consultant to develop a framework to support durable solutions in Libya and subsequently draft a funding proposal. This will involve a comprehensive analysis of the programmatic aspects of interventions of DRC and consortium partners that promote durable solutions for displaced persons. The consultancy shall identify opportunities for complementarity between stakeholders’ strategies and draw out on best practices from similar initiatives in other countries to be adopted or existing initiatives scaled up in joint programming. The consultancy shall thereafter develop a proposal incorporating joint project ideas that will mainstream a solutions approach. The durable solutions framework for intervention and programme design will incorporate existing literature, strategies and frameworks with particular emphasis on Libyan led initiatives and recommend approaches towards enhancing durable solutions for displaced populations in all phases of displacement and the corresponding actions of humanitarian, development and peacebuilding actors.
2. Consultancy objectives:
• Present an analysis of the durable solutions in the context of Libya (policies, barriers and opportunities) and a comprehensive, actionable solutions framework for advancing durable solutions in Libya. • Identify solutions-oriented programming and approaches through a review of past and current interventions (project proposals, reports and evaluations) of consortium members, consultation with stakeholders, and mapping of sectoral and geographic opportunities in the form of a proposal and budget to be delivered as a consortium led by DRC. • Present all data gathered and analysed in an organised and accessible manner in the consortium Sharepoint folder.
The consultancy will include a combination of desk review and key informant interviews (in person and/or remote) with selected agency participants, national and local stakeholders and representatives from all communities including host communities, and displaced affected communities in operational areas.
• Deliverable 1 – Develop a durable solutions framework for intervention in Libya – MS Word document, approximately 20 pages – to be saved on Sharepoint at the end of the assignment and approved by the Head of Programmes – the headings will be agreed with the Head of Programmes during the assignment).
• Deliverable 2 – Develop a durable solutions proposal to be delivered through a DRC-led consortium – MS Word document, approximately 15 pages – to be developed with a template as agreed with the Grants Management Manager and saved on SharePoint at the end of the assignment and approved by the Head of Programmes.
• Deliverable 3 – Populate an organised data storage folder on Sharepoint – of all data collected (KIIs, FGDs, meeting minutes, draft strategies, related journals/documents) and identified as linked to durable solutions – including best practises and lessons learned from other countries (approximately 30 documents to be approved by the Head of Programmes)
5. Payment Schedule
Please refer to the link below
6. Consultant Qualification and Expertise:
• An advanced degree in Law, Social Sciences, Migration, Displacement or any other related area of study • Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in working with humanitarian development and/or peacebuilding operations • Demonstrable experience in project management related to durable solutions • Experience of working with INGOs and/or UN • Good understanding of legal and policy frameworks in Libya • Good understanding of socio-economic dynamics in Libya • Excellent analytical and reporting skills • Fluency in written and spoken English
7. Evaluation Administrative Evaluation
Please refer to the link below
Failure to submit any of the above information may result in the Bid being disqualified from the tender process. Financial Evaluation Bid submissions that pass the technical evaluation will be financially evaluated based on the DRC principle of ‘Best value for money’. Financial bids can only be submitted on Annex B – Invitation letter.
Financial Bids submitted on non-DRC documentation cannot be accepted and will result in the disqualification of the bid from the tender process.
Financial offers should be inclusive of the following: • Consultancy fees – an inclusive total amount for all works to be undertaken. • Any other associated costs.
DRC reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or the highest bidder. Only those shortlisted will be contacted. Any subcontracting of the consultancy will not be accepted.
How to apply
Please find all the related documents in the following link :