Danish Refugee Council
Employment category: F – Manager
Reporting to: Durable Solutions Chief of Party
Direct reports: Team Leaders
Location: Nertiti, Central Darfur
Authorization level: n/a
Overall purpose of the role:
DRC Sudan is looking for an experienced program manager to oversee its durable solutions programming in Central and South Darfur. The Durable Solutions program manager will be responsible for overseeing and executing all tasks associated with the successful implementation of DRC’s solutions programming in Central and South Darfur states.
The DS PM (durable solutions programme manager) will be responsible for all programmatic and operational aspects of launching and implementing DRC’s solutions programming in the areas of implementation; recruiting staff, managing program components of the project budget, liaising with consortium partners, managing workplans in line with project objectives and timelines, etc. The programme manager will support in quality reporting to the donor, and ensuring smooth implementation of activities in line with donor requirements.
The role is based in Nertiti, overseeing program implementation of solutions programming across Central and South Darfur states.
1. Management of DRC’s durable solutions program
- Oversee programme quality of current and proposed durable solutions projects
- Ensure compliance of current & proposed projects within scope of DRC programme department
- Ensure positions are staffed and projects are on track
- Manage program budgets in line with DRC’s SOPs and donor compliance requirements
- Develop clear workplans for program teams in line with programme timelines
- Develop clear lines of communication between project staff, support staff and partners
- Support in the development of tools and processes to capture, share and incorporate lessons learned and best practices to inform and enhance quality of programming in coordination with MEAL focal points
- Support in the oversight of consortium members activities to ensure integration, program quality, and common adherence to program objectives
2. Programming and Technical Support:
- Provide oversight of all programming in Central Darfur in compliance with core protection principles and best practices, and DRC and donor regulations, while upholding rigorous project cycle management standards.
- Design and support in conducting needs assessments to inform program design as well as identify risks and vulnerabilities, including those related to gender, age and diversity.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Sudan programming through active and ongoing participation in and contribution to strategic planning meetings
- Work with the Head of Programmes, Grants Coordinator, and finance team to contribute to new project development, including both narratives and budgets.
3. Coordination and liaison
- Coordinates with consortium partners for integrated programming based on data and evidence analysed from field level assessments
- In coordination with the area manager and area programme manager, liaises with local authorities, community focal points, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure understanding and acceptance of the project
- Participate in relevant state level coordination such as state level Durable Solutions Working Group meetings, and participate in national coordination forums when required
4. Human Resources:
- Manage the programme teams and support respectful and positive working relationships which allow for the effective implementation of all activities.
- Lead state-level recruitment processes and ensure that relevant staffing structures are in place and are reflective of appropriate gender balance, respecting DRC’s performance and development processes according to DRC’s operations handbook.
- Promote professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure staff are well versed in core program topics.
5. Logistics, Procurement, and Finance:
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to develop and maintain programme-based procurement plans.
- Ensure logistics and procurement processes are in place.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to ensure field-based records are well managed, fulfill DRC and donor requirements, and are up-to-date.
- Create and update spending plans and monitor budget lines to ensure spending is in line with project timelines, donor compliance requirements, and workplans.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Master’s degree in law, social sciences, international development, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field of durable solutions, ideally from a variety of contexts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior project management position.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Master’s degree in relevant area
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent in English
- Arabic an asset
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Chief of Party
- Area Manager and Area Program Manager
- Head of Programme
- Consortium partners
- Local authorities
How to apply
ADVERTISEMENT ID 121766