Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Earthquake Reporting- & Grants Manager in Beirut, Lebanon (100 %)
The programme manager ensures the successful acquisition, monitoring and reporting of grants for the earthquake response as well as for the ongoing projects in Syria and Lebanon. The programme manager works with the field office teams in Syria and in the support office team in Lebanon lead by the Country Director and the head office SCR team in Switzerland to ensure successful development, contracting and reporting of the grants managed by Syria and Lebanon teams with a focus on the grants under the earthquake response.
The programme manager’s main areas of responsibilities are:
- Development of high quality concept notes / project proposals in close collaboration with partners at field level and in alignment to the strategy
- Donor follow up and outreach
- Conduct or facilitate country and regional level donor mapping
- Maintain and update the donor database to identify new donors and funding opportunities in line with the strategic priorities of Country and Head Office
- Prepare and present on donor rules and regulations during grants meetings
- Lead proposal development processes; coordinate, collect, draft, and/or edit contributions and compile inputs from programme staff, technical advisors, HQ and local/international partners in line with the proposal development plan
- Grant management support to local implementing partners (subgrantees)
- Provide technical support, guidance, and tools to implementing partners at proposal development process Support in the partnership capacity assessment to local implementing partners and collaborate with the partnership development manager in designing capacity building plans including grants management
- Monitoring of all reporting deadlines according to donor contracts in order to ensure quality and timely submission of donor narrative and financial reports
- Liaise with finance colleagues on budget follow up and expenditure levels of running grants
- Close collaboration with the programmes and MEAL colleagues to ensure timely availability of data
- Development of high quality reports to donors to the Earthquake response as a priority, but also for other ongoing programmes in Syria and Lebanon
- Provide support to Syria and Lebanon offices to ensure operational compliance of grants with guidelines and donor regulations in the areas of finance, logistics, procurement, and human resources
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor and internal rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues affecting external/ internal compliance
- Liaise with external key donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues
Assessment / Evaluations:
- Development of high quality assessment and evaluations reports according to programme planning
- Close collaboration with MEAL colleagues to ensure timely availability of data
- Support the development of project evaluation TORs
- 4 years successful acquisition, reporting – as programme officer or similar with an INGO / UN
- 2 years experience in the project management, or support functions
- Experience of working in the Middle East
- Master is a must, or a Bachelor with 2 additional years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Your place of work will be Beirut, Lebanon with frequent travel to Damascus, Syria. Approx. 30% of the time will be spent in Damascus.
Accompanied duty station
Starting date: 01.04.2023 or as agreed upon.
Contract duration: 1 year
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.For further information please contact: Mr Martin Hiltbrunner, Programme Director Syria Crisis Response, Telephone +41 78 878 82 42.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 20 March 2023 latest through our web portal. Apply here.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne
Deadline: 20 Mar 2023