Save the Children
Country/Region: Lebanon, Beirut
Organization: Save the Children International
Closing date: October 31st, 2022
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about bringing change for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Education Technical Advisor is a critical position for Save the Children in Lebanon and will play the lead role in ensuring the design, implementation and monitoring of high quality education programmes for thousands of children across the country.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
The Education Technical Advisor provides technical leadership to all our work in the education sector, with responsibility for developing clear strategic and operational plans, identifying fundraising needs and leading the development of technical proposals, forging strong partnerships with Government, UN, NGO and local civil society counterparts, as well as providing technical support to our education teams across three different field locations in Lebanon.
- To be a strong supporter and advocate for children on this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Master’s degree in education, development or other relevant social science degree.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical leadership role in education for an NGO, UN agency or other development or humanitarian organisation.
- Previous management experience in an NGO or other humanitarian environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
- Proven experience leading education in emergencies (EiE) programming and in participating in emergency coordination forums (education cluster, education working groups etc).
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work and education in emergencies (e.g. INEE, SPHERE, HAP principles, etc.).
- Proven experience raising funds and developing proposals for education programmes in excess of $1million.
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies.
- Proven representation and advocacy skills.
- Strong report writing skills, including experience in writing funding proposals and donor reports.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Knowledge of key areas of programme operations, logistics and grant management relevant to delivering quality education programming.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
For the full list, please download the job description
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV & CL and apply through the following link: Education Technical Adviser
Save the Children is a global humanitarian organization committed to diversity and inclusion, working towards empowering and protecting children worldwide and in the countries where it operates. Save the Children highly encourages and welcomes receiving applications from qualified candidates regardless of their diverse gender, orientation, disability, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, religion and beliefs. Save the Children has a global policy on anti-harassment as well as zero tolerance for discrimination, bullying, sexual exploitation and abuse. All applications will be looked at and treated with the strictest confidentiality and transparency regardless of the diversity of candidates.
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy5raG9kci45NjA1OS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20