COOPI is looking for a Head of Programme in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. In 2021, COOPI is implementing 18 projects in the sectors of WASH, Food Security, Emergency Response and Energy in the 3 regions of Oromia, Afar and Somali. In particular:
- promote access to safe water and efficient irrigation; we improve hygiene and sanitation for rural populations working in communities, schools and health centers.
- is responding to emergencies including forced displacements, floods and recently desert locusts.
- promotes agriculture, livestock and sustainable employment. We sustain the coffee value chain and increase long lasting youths employment.
Since 2017, COOPI is working in the energy sector promoting the use of efficient cooking stoves, solar and renewable energies.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Programme (HoP):
- is the focal point for COOPI programs in Ethiopia;
- will be leading the program support team (MEAL Supervisor and Program Coordinator).
- Lead the definition and implementation of the country program strategy, with the support of the HoM and Program Advisors;
- Lead the development of new project proposals (current donors include ECHO, EU, AICS, OCHA-EHF and various UN Agencies);
- Review priorities and evidence from ongoing and closed grants;
- Use M&E data, innovations and evidence collected from on-going and past projects, for preparing new project ideas and concepts;
- Collaborate with support offices on logistics and administration requirements.
- Approve M&E plans for projects in alignment to planning documents and to Logical Frameworks;
- Provide quality assurance of M&E reports (e.g. KAP surveys, Monitoring Reports, PDM.);
- Use M&E data, innovation and evidence collected in the on-going and past projects for engaging new donors and partners;
- Carry out field monitoring missions in the areas of interventions
- Meet regularly with donors and partners, consolidating the position of COOPI in the country;
- Engage new potential donors and partners, working closely with the HoM and program advisors;
- Manage donors visits, liaising with the HoM and PMs;
- Represents COOPI in relevant fora.
- Ensure a final review of all project narrative reports (interim, quarterly and final) and their submission in line with submission deadline;
- Ensure that sources of verification of accomplished activities are meet quality standards and are available.
- Support review and approve the M&E plans for all projects, according to log frames and indicators;
- Support and participate the internal project grant opening meetings;
- Support the program advisors and PMs to approve project activities workplan.
- University master’s degree in relevant subject;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project formulation, implementation and coordination with an International NGOs;
- Experience in working with different donors (ECHO, EU, USAID, AICS, UN agencies);
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background;
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills in English;
- Advanced IT skills.
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and reference points;
- Target oriented and problem-solving aptitude;
- Strong managerial skills;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of GIS;
- Knowledge of Italian;
- Previous experience in the Region;
- Previous experience in livelihood sector.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.