- Job Title: Programme Officer, Conciliation Resources EU / mediatEUr
- Location: Brussels, with some travel mostly in Europe
- Contract: Full-time position.
- Reporting to: Director, Conciliation Resources EU / mediatEUr
- Responsible for: no direct reports
- Salary: 3477 EUR/month
- Closing date: 14 November 2022 09:00 AM UK time
To provide administrative, fundraising and policy support to the office as well as organisational support to the CR EU Director. To support the implementation of EU and other service contracts, and support additional projects that CR EU / mediatEUr periodically undertakes. Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the team and CR EU / mediatEUr office, including the organisation of the shared drive, roster of experts, contacts list and digital communications tools. Support CR more broadly in their outreach to and policy engagement with EU policymakers in Brussels, and in identifying and preparing EU funding proposals across CR’s global programmes.
Person specification Knowledge
- Good understanding of peace mediation, peacebuilding and gender, preferably acquired through work experience and/or training.
- Solid understanding of the key EU institutions and funding streams relevant to CR EU and the wider organisation, including the management of EU service contracts.
- Good understanding of project management practice, basic fundraising practices and approaches.
- Understanding of international relations, politics and the social sciences.
- Excellent written and verbal English; knowledge of French and German are an advantage.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to coherently organise and structure information and records and coordinate with multiple people and teams.
- Creative mindset and pro-active, problem-solving approach to tasks and assignments.
- Writing skills and the ability to write for different purposes and audiences, including websites, reports, formal communications and funding proposals, and to present information clearly and accurately.
- Virtual skillset: working knowledge of online meeting platforms and tools that facilitate the organisation of training, events, meetings, as well as registration and communication with participants.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively, listen to and influence others.
- Ability to work independently, think strategically and manage a complex and, at times, heavy workload, to multi-task and take initiative.
- Common sense approach, with a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to an evolving working environment.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Office administration experience, including a proven track record of successfully maintaining databases and office records.
- Event management experience, both online and in-person.
- Experience of providing support to the administration and management of EU service
- contracts and grants, proposal submissions and donor reporting, including financial reporting.
- Experience of liaising with different project partners and consultants.
- Experience of writing for different purposes and audiences.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and appreciation.
- Previous experience and participation in the peace mediation/peacebuilding sphere at local, national or transnational level.
- End of year 13th month
- 8 EUR/ working day Vouchers
- 9% contribution to pension plan
- 200 EUR/month Representation fees
- 20 legal days with 5 extra legal days, as well as official Belgian bank holidays.
- Reimbursement of basic health insurance with social security provider (up to 150 EUR/year)
How to apply
Please visit this link https://www.c-r.org/eu-programme-officer to downloads for post Job description/ Application form 1/ Application form 2