International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Evaluation Team Leader:
Formative evaluation of modelling alternative Early Childhood Education centers in pilot sites of
Reports To: Project Director
Classification: Consultancy – approximately eighty days over one and half year
Category: Proposal – This assignment is contingent on contract award and client approval.
Clearance Required: N/A
IBTCI is recruiting for a Team leader for a formative evaluation of modelling alternative Early Childhood Education centers in pilot sites of Uzbekistan. This evaluation is aimed at generating knowledge from the implementation with a focus on value for money (VfM); identifying lessons learnt and proposing recommendations for future programming and scale up. The specific objectives include:
- Assess the project’s relevance to the country’s development needs specifically the needs of the most vulnerable child rights to education perspective, status, and the capacity to achieve the project objectives through looking at the resource use (what did we put in and how was it used?) – e.g., efficiency, relevance
- Review the effectiveness and performance of the project against planned results through looking at value derived from the resource use (what did we get out?) – g., results chains
- Assess the efficiency of the project, in comparison with the traditional state based ECE services through looking at whether the value derived/likely to be derived justifies the resource use (was it worth it?) – g., efficiency, sustainability, outcome, equity
- Identify and document successes, challenges, and lessons learned
- Look into the sustainability of the project with potential for scale up of the model at the national level.
- Provide recommendations for future programming and scale-up.
The findings of the evaluation will be used as a basis for discussions, planning and programming between UNICEF and key national and international stakeholders. Evaluation results will be disseminated amongst government, development partners, civil society, and other stakeholders. It will inform the Government for future scaling up Alternative models of ECE, envisaged by the IsDB 70 million project and other initiatives. A joint management response will be produced upon completion of the evaluation process and made publicly available on the evaluation platforms.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Working under the overall direction of the IBTCI Project Director, the Evaluation Team Leader shall:
- Lead development and implementation of the evaluation, including design of the evaluation methodology/approach and instruments, preparation of the inception, and preparation of other project documents
- Collect secondary information, desktop review.
- Plan and conduct site visits to approximately twelve early childhood development centers in Tashkent, Khorezm, and Namangan
- Plan and conduct key informant interviews (KIIs), surveys, and focus group discussions (FGDs) as needed.
- Process and analyze of collected quantitative and qualitative information.
- Prepare the final evaluation report.
- Supervise and task a national evaluator.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- At least ten years of general expereince wit at least eight years’ experience in evaluation, including experience of evaluating child protection programs and familiarity with UNICEF and the UN system (CVs required)
- Previous work experience with UNICEF and ECA region, knowledge of UNICEF procedures
- Previous solid experience of designing and leading Theory-Based Evaluations and documented professional experience in conducting rigorous independent evaluations that meet professional evaluation standards including Value for Money (VfM) evaluations
- Proven experience of using techniques/approaches in previous evaluations
- Understanding of Sustainable Development Goals and its relation to UNICEF work in ECAR
- Strong analytical skills and statistical data analysis experience
- Ability to produce content for high standard deliverables in English
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sensitivity towards ethics with regards to human and child rights issues, different cultures, local customs, religious beliefs and practices, personal interaction and gender roles, disability, age, and ethnicity
- A strong development background with a profound understanding of development and Human Rights-Based programs
- Russian language is desireable
Education: Advanced university degree, preferably in evaluation, social studies/social services, early childhood education, or a related field. A combination of relevant academic background and relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office/Remote environment.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibilities over the National Evaluator.
Travel: Approximately three weeks of travel to Uzbekistan over the summer is expected.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Deadline: 14 Apr 2023