ECPAT International is a global network of organisations working together for the elimination of the sexual exploitation of children in all its manifestations i.e. exploitation of children in prostitution, online child sexual exploitation, sale and trafficking of children for sexual purposes, sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism and some forms of child, early and forced marriage. The ECPAT Network currently consists of 124 members working at national and local levels in 104 countries. The ECPAT Secretariat coordinates the global work of ECPAT and is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Ensure that the Executive Director (ED) of ECPAT International is administratively supported in the effective coordination and management of institutional strategies and programmes.
- Carry out background strategic research as requested by the ED
- Produce briefing documents in different languages synthetising information and facilitating common understanding with different partners, colleagues and members of the network
- Coordinate the preparation and logistics of the ED’s missions
- Coordinate the preparation of and/or prepare documents, minutes of meeting, agendas, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of ED’s presentations, ensuring that they are evidence-based;
- Liaise with management team and other ECPAT staff on matters related to institutional budget, road map, work plan and objectives;
- Serves as Secretariat for various types of internal and external meetings and task forces, arranging meeting and preparing minutes;
- Support the ED in systematic and timely communications and follow-up with ECPAT International Board and member groups and with partners, donors and other external contacts;
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- University degree, ideally in management, communications, development or related field;
- Fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Arabic and ideally Thai language is a critical advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity in computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- At least three years of professional work experience. (This is an entry level post and thus internship and volunteer experiences will be taken into account, provided they demonstrate the abovementioned abilities.)
- Demonstrated commitment to ECPAT’s mission and values;
- Discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong drive for results;
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work under pressure;
- Ability to collect, interpret, analyse and summarize information in a well-structured and logical manner;
- Ability to follow and respect instructions and procedures;
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write in English concisely, clearly and quickly;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, taking into account the schedule of the ED.
As a child-focused organisation, ECPAT has a strong commitment to child safeguarding and rigorous procedures. The successful candidate will be required to provide three referees and a criminal record from country of residence and country of origin (as applicable).
How to apply
Please find information on our website: https://ecpat.org/careers/
Applications can be submitted to: [email protected]
Please mention in the subject header your name and “Executive Assistant”.
Closing date: 22 Jan 2023