Anglican Development Services Kenya
Reporting to the Board of Directors through the Chairman, the Executive Director will be responsible for implementing ADS Mt. Kenya’s Strategic Plan and Policies as approved by the Board.
He/ She will also serve as the leader of the Management team, Chief Program designer, and be the team’s representative to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director’s key responsibilities are to:
- On behalf of the Board of directors implement appropriate strategies, plans, and procedures to ensure the achievement of ADS Mt. Kenya’s Vision and Mission;
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to the Management team so as to ensure delivery of corporate objectives and Programs;
- Ensures Programme designs, Delivery, and quality implementation
- Ensures programs respond to contextual needs, using the theory of change, community-centered methodologies, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ensures qualitative deliverables and robust monitoring/evaluation, reporting, and auditing of programmatic activities and financial expenditures, compliance set guidelines including with procurement procedures and risks management aspects of the organization’s framework and design.
- Takes responsibility for fulfilling all contractual terms of grants including compliance that fall under the organization’s portfolio, timely reporting, procurement, retention of documentation, etc. providing oversight and guaranteeing deliverables within the contractual timelines and quality standards.
- Ensures all key program information is recorded and stored for future retrieval. Make quality checks, at least quarterly, to ensure confidence in the quality of data.
- Oversees day-to-day administrative matters and establishes effective structures, processes, and systems to ensure appropriate control over ADS Mt Kenya operations;
- Spearhead the establishment and sustenance of networks and partnerships to ensure ADS Mt. Kenya’s financial sustainability through effective financial and resource mobilization strategies;
- Ensures the achievement of ADS Mt. Kenya’s operating financial goals in line with Budgets and Annual Performance Contracts negotiated with the Board and the Dioceses responsible for the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK) Mission;
- Ensures compliance with applicable statutory, legal, and regulatory requirements and establishes mitigation measures against emerging programs, business risks, and operational risks;
- Enhances ADS Mt. Kenya’s public image by promoting and upholding high standards of integrity and governance within the organization and cultivating positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Maintains a conducive work environment that helps attract, retain and motivate employees and fosters a culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
- Spearhead resource mobilization strategy for the organization.
- In consultation with the Board, provide leadership for the advocacy work of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains open and timely communications with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in, agro-business, agricultural economics, or social sciences, from universities accredited by the Commission for University Education;
- Holder of a master’s degree and/ or post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field shall be an added advantage. A diploma holder with a proven track record in social transformation, financial management, and social services will also be considered.
- Holder of relevant qualifications in senior leadership/ Management;
- Holders of certification in Corporate Governance from recognized institutions;
- Have not less than five (5) years’ work experience at the senior management level in large Faith based organization, NGO, or public organization(s);
- Be a member in good standing, registered with the body relevant to their profession(s);
- Experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with ACK Bishops, Government both National and County, and Donors. Financial sector players and other stakeholders relevant to ADS Mt. Kenya’s mandate.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment is for a period of five (5) years renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets.
The organization offers competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to the person specifications outlined, candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the Leadership and Integrity Act and applications should be accompanied by copies of the following documents:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
- National Identity Card
How to apply
Interested persons are requested to submit their applications with a summary profile, a detailed curriculum vitae (CV,) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/ testimonials.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of currentprevious employer, current remuneration, and names of contacts of three (3) referees including an Anglican Bishop, a Priest where the applicant worships, and a professional familiar with the applicant’s professional and work record.
Board of Trustees,
Anglican Development Services – Mt Kenya (ADS-Mt. Kenya) Region
P.O. BOX 2376-10140 Nyeri
TEL. (+254)061-2034813 or 061-2034749
Closing date: 6 Jan 2023