MSF - Holland
Position within the organisation
As Information Management is being professionalised across MSF Operating Centre Amsterdam (OCA), our IT department is looking for two Field Information Management Advisors who will work in the Field (70%) to implement Information Management. This role will report to the Information Management Lead Field.
Objectives of the position
As a Field Information Management Advisor, you will be implementing Information Management (IM) policies, tools, training and controls into our normal daily operations to ensure continuous improvement and maturity of our missions’ information capability. This means that you will work closely with various stakeholders: HoM, HoO, Functional Coordinators, Project Coordinators, as well as your IM Advisor HQ peers. You will provide on the ground expertise and support in the alignment and delivery of the OCA Information Governance framework. IM Field Advisors will raise awareness, embed OCA IM training, and drive the creation of a mission-specific information and data handbook.
As a Field Information Management advisor, you will:
- Coordinate the development of the Terms of Reference for mission visits and roll out trips with relevant stakeholders that include Log FSU and Ops, with input from IT and Control;
- Conduct an IM maturity study, documents findings, and IM system recommendations;
- Prepare the project plan and approach to implement the agreed IM system;
- Manage and coordinate IM implementation activities as detailed within the agreed project plan;
- Assist and advise on responsibilities in managing OCA records lifecycle for both electronics and physical records;
- Maintain lessons learned log, collate feedback on how to improve OCA IM systems, tools and ways of working, and share this feedback with the IM team;
- Coordinate the development and rollout of a mission-specific Information and Data Management plan;
- Implement relevant IM controls and reporting mechanisms, as required.
To raise awareness of IM our missions and projects and to embed the OCA Management Learning programme, you will:
- Embed the OCA IM Learning programme and related tools;
- Deliver specific IM training and awareness training, e.g., Senior Management or “train the trainer.”;
- Deliver advanced SharePoint training or webinars to local and international staff, as necessary;
- Provide guidance and support to key IM focal points and the general users to embed/align the OCA IM.
- Degree or a minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience working in Information Management, Library Sciences, Document Management.
- Good working knowledge, as a user of Office 365 sharing and collaborating tools: specifically, SharePoint Online/Microsoft Teams, previous experience as a SharePoint Site administrator is highly desirable.
- Information architecture: organising and labelling on Office 365 to support usability and findability and focused on bringing principles of design and architecture to the digital landscape.
- Knowledge of digital archiving and asset management solutions.
- Awareness and a good understanding of ISO15489, ISO27001, DOD5015.02 is considered a bonus.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, other languages are an added value.
- Good presentation and training skills to deliver online training and webinars.
How to apply
If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
The closing date for applications is 02 October 2022 at 23:59 CET.