Crest Point for Consultancy and Development
Level 1 – the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have contact with or access to children or young people
SCI in NW of Syria is supporting the affected people by Syria crises with relevant humanitarian assistance, where our work inside Syria in being implemented by implementing partners (Syrian NGOs) with remote management and support by SC turkey team, SC mainly focus on Education, Child Protection, Health and Nutrition, WASH, NFI, and Cash response.
Facilitated and hosted by CPCD, the Monitor Consultant based in Syria (Aleppo and Idleb governorates) is to directly monitor SC programs, conduct assessments, and improve SCI accountability systems in close coordination with implementing partners in Syria. It is anticipated that these Monitoring Consultants will help SC to improve the relevance, quality, and impact of SC’ response across all implemented programs through partners
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The monitor consultant will be responsible on the following:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Follow up and update the project M&E plan through relevant coordination with MEAL and program team of SC and the implementing partners.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits across ongoing projects by using the proper qualitative and quantitative set of tools such as but not limited to Observation, Distribution monitoring, and post-distribution monitoring, checklist, spot-check, surveys FGDs, etc.
- Monitor the ground activities to ensure activities are implemented effectively and avoid repetition.
- Ensure that the MEAL coordinator is informed of possible problems, delays or risks to project implementation in a timely manner in according to agreed partners work plan.
- Proactively engage with the partners to compile information on their activities and repot it to MEAL coordinator in Weekly basis.
- Initiating and validating emergency response based on the predetermined aspects of SCI
- Monitor the warehouse of partners to ensure that the distribution items are appropriately stored, available and purchased in accordance with the project and action plan
- Monitor contextual changes on a regular basis (security, access, markets, logistic at assigned sub-districts)
- Regularly track the movement of IDPs in the areas assigned and where they are heading and provide regular update accordingly to SC MEAL coordinator.
- Effective coordination with implementing partners in the field to identify potential communities to be targeted by the SC when urgently needed to respond to emergencies and based on the ground observation.
- Inform any significant gaps in following pre-determined methodologies for planned interventions.
- Support TPM 3rd Party and other contracted evaluators with access to SC program’s locations.
- Support with implementing data collection plans for RNA, evaluation, baseline studies and other MEAL activities in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator when requested.
- Participate in a data collection training and orientation as needed
- Communicate to the MEAL Coordinator any issues that might arise during data collection.
- Carrying out other tasks required by the MEAL Coordinator
- Travels to field sites to monitor the SC projects as needed
- Service area will be assigned according to activity area across programing.
- Support SC Turkey’s MEAL Team to set up accountability mechanisms and collection of feedback inside Syria including beneficiary feedback mechanisms
- Support implementing partners staff and volunteers inside Syria with the principles of accountability and practical implementation of accountability mechanisms in the field
- Monitor partner’s accountability mechanisms in place across implemented SC programs and reports relevant gaps to SC MEAL Turkey team
- Enhance awareness amongst intended beneficiaries and the wider community on the accountability mechanisms and possibility to provide feedback
- When necessary to conduct perception surveys, FGDs and household surveys (with support from Partners field team) to gather feedback on SC’ response
Data analysis & use:
- Ensure the accuracy of the data collected and fill in the specified form.
- Ensure the timely collection of data based on the M&E plan and within a specific form.
- Clean and translate all of relevant project’s data collected and check its quality.
- Compile and analyze the information collected through monitoring tools
- Support in data analyzing when required. And draft findings for the program’s surveys, checklist, observation, RNA and generic surveys
- Regular Meeting with MEAL coordinator to inform progress of planed activities
- Develop analysis and top line flash reports of monitoring activities to be communicated with SC MEAL turkey team on a daily basis
- Provide comprehensive reports and analysis of beneficiary feedback and level of satisfaction.
- Coordinate with MEAL coordinator to submit Weekly and Monthly report of activities conducted.
- In collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, provide monthly analysis and reporting against the needed regular requirements with appropriate set of recommendations as a part of the Learning process.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Hold self-accountable for the confidentiality of the information, data and the knowledge.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages the team to do the same
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, partners and communities and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Statistics or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Monitoring activities and scope.
- Excellent experience in data collection and analysis, data management and reporting
- Fluency in Arabic for both speaking and writing.
- Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel and (preferably) statistical software.
- Pre-existing ownership of necessary computer and other technology necessary to conduct the tasks here under.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem solving
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Knowledge of using electronic data collection tools (for example KOBO toolbox, Monkey Survey, google forums, ODK …. etc.)
- Experience in program monitoring or needs assessments in the emergency/humanitarian field.
- Good verbal and written command of English is highly desirable
- Experience in facilitating group discussions and meetings
- Experience in delivering training to volunteers and partner staff.
- Report writing and documentation skills.
How to apply
- if interested? please apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] before 10-January-2023 stating in the subject Filed Monitor Consultant
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English and in one email.
- applications without reference subject will be ignored
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV and cover Letter only one time in one email)
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position
Compliance to Anti-Harassment, PSEA, and Child Safeguarding is a must
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.
Closing date: 10 Jan 2023