International Organization for Migration
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service (G-5, THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed-Term Contract
Initial 12 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 November 2022
Reference Code : VN060/2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resource Management and direct supervision of the AUSCO Senior Finance and Administration Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting Finance and Administration functions in the AUSCO Global Office.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
- Assist in preparing annual budget submissions;
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
- Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues; and respond to data related queries;
- Review all types of payments requests verifying, ensuring they are duly authorized and all supporting documents are in order;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received and/or services rendered;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
- Monthly assistance with review of PRISM transactions after closing of books of accounts to ensure correct usage of AUSCO standard WBS, timely recording of valid AUSCO expenses, clear and understandable document line-item text and expense charges as per program standards;
- Monthly review and analysis of PRISM budget and expenditures to ensure timely consumption of approved budget, to identify possible reallocation between budget lines and AUSCO sites, to keep expenditures within the approved total Global AUSCO budget, to align the expenditure projection with the actual spending, and assist with preparation of the annual financial report;
- Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Assist with revision of budgets, if required.
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Assist with event management for meetings, training, workshops and special projects;
- Assist with AUSCO statistical recording and reporting, including for the Global Monthly and Annual Reports
- Assist with procurement and other related tasks pertaining to administration
- Perform other duties as required.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge and use of IOM Finance Accounting systems, ideally through previous work undertaken in a global context.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing meetings, training, workshops and special projects.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Respect for confidentiality as per IOM Code of Conduct
- Teamwork oriented with capacity to work independently, proactive, enthusiastic and positive, and sensitive to gender issues, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Attention to detail, ability to working in a methodical way with openness to advancing capabilities as pertaining to program and personal development.
- Fluency in English and Thai (oral and written)
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail [email protected] byNovember 28, 2022 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code VN060/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability;
b) a curriculum vitae;
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/Vacancies/Form/iom-personal-history-form-270122.xls.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 15.11.2022 to 28.11.2022