In the context of the war in Ukraine with already millions of refugees outside the country, internally displaced persons as well as vulnerable population in the contested areas, ADRA Germany as part of the ADRA network with its local partner offices provides humanitarian aid. The focus is on providing the population with multi-purpose cash assistance and in-kind goods, accompanied by protection measures. ADRA Germany with funding of the German Federal Foreign Office has implemented several humanitarian projects over the last years in Ukraine and is currently planning for a new 12month funding cycle.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Finance and Compliance Manager will focus on coordinating the financial oversight of the German Federal Foreign Office grant, working in collaboration with ADRA Germany Program Coordinator to produce high quality donor reports and conducts local staff capacity building. The Finance and Compliance Manager will also be responsible for providing program and support teams with general grants management support, advice on donor compliance and ADRA Germany regulations. The position is based in Germany, but remote work with residence in another country may be possible. Regular, extensive travel to neighboring Ukrainian countries and into Ukraine (security situation permitting) is expected. This position is ideal for a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong compliance and capacity-building experience who can produce specific deliverables within a limited time period.
Every life counts! Every day, our aid projects change people’s living conditions for the better by supporting these people in need and sustainably helping them to help themselves. We at ADRA are an internationally active aid organization and carry out projects worldwide in development cooperation and disaster relief, as well as social business.
In a globally active network with activities in over 140 countries, we are committed to providing immediate and emergency aid to help people survive crises and disasters in the short and medium term. We support people in their hope for better living conditions with long-term projects in areas such as food security, health, education and income.
Finance Management and Compliance (approx. 70%-time allocation):
• Financial monitoring of the overall program in close cooperation with the financial departments of the implementation partners
• Review of the financial reports of the implementation partners and consolidated financial reporting to the donor
• Ensure that grants or contracts are well administered, and program/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and ADRA procedures, and compliance manuals are developed and maintained
• Support the proactive identification of compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, support teams and senior management on necessary actions
Capacity Building (approx. 30%-time allocation):
• Conduct capacity building for implementing partners in grants management, spending tracking, and compliance
• Support the continued capacity building of local implementing partner staff in financial management and financial report preparation and processing
• Support the development and maintenance of a comprehensive information management and filing system that ensures all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and
consistent soft and hard libraries available as needed
• The Finance and Compliance Manager reports to ADRA Germany program coordinator.
• This position does not have any direct line management responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, Master’s Degree preferred
• At least three years of international work experience in humanitarian aid programs;
regional and emergency programming experience preferred
• Demonstrated successful experience in grants management, with proven experience in managing large institutional donor portfolios; preferably GFFO (Auswärtiges Amt) grant finance management experience
• Demonstrated strong experience in capacity building of national and international staff
• Very strong English writing, editing, and critical analysis skills
• Ukrainian or Russian and German language skills desirable, but not a prerequisite
• Ability to work well under administrative and programmatic pressures. Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Willingness to travel on extended duty trips in fragile contexts while adhering to ADRA’s safety and security protocol.
• Fulfillment of formal requirements to travel freely within the EU (e.g. EU citizen/resident or Schengen visa easily obtainable).
• Commitment to ADRA’s mission, purpose and values
ADRA GERMANY OFFERS:
• Contract length: 12-18 months, extension possible
• Duty Station: Germany, remote work with residence in another country may be possible
• Start date: as soon as possible
• An attractive salary package based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications
• 27 days of paid leave annually
• Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
• Comprehensive job orientation and support in administrative matters related to the start of work
How to apply
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application
including your salary expectations, your preferred place of work and the earliest possible starting date.
Rebecca Boakye or Fanny Weller
Phone: +49 (0) 6151 / 8115-23 or -45
Mail: [email protected]