ABOUT THE ROLE
In your role as the Finance and Office Manager for the Beirut region, you will lead the organizational (finance, human resources, facilities, legal, IT and administration) services in supporting the effective operation of Amnesty International’s Beirut office. This role is key in ensuring that organizational policies on finance, travel, facilities management, health and safety are upheld within the complex operational environment in Lebanon today.
- Ensure the financial control of the Beirut Office’s activities through ensuring implementation of strong finance policies, systems, processes, and ensuring the integrity of the general ledger by reviewing the trial balance and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Ensure the management reporting requirements of the office are met, including accurate and timely monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets;
- Provide financial support and assistance to deputy regional directors and project managers in the design of their budgets and accuracy of their reporting;
- Manage the payroll of the office, via outsourced payroll providers where relevant, to ensure timely and accurate payments to staff.
- Ensure maintenance of office infrastructure including facility management, power management, equipment maintenance and asset
- Assist the Regional Director in ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that pertain to the running of the Amnesty International operation, including legal registration and administration, employment and immigration law and including the filing of submissions to the relevant authorities, using appropriate professional advisers and liaising with IS Legal Counsel as
- Work with the People Organizational Development Directorate to ensure the effective use of people management policies and procedures, as
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant – essential;
- Experience in the management and support of staff;
- Experience in setting up and managing organizational systems and processes in finance, administration, IT, legal and Start-up experience preferred;
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets and an ability to identify budget problems and solve them;
- Experience of the day- to-day management of an office, including excellent multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Extensive experience in providing human resources expertise and support to management and staff; ideally with experience of working in a regional hub office within an international organization framework
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in drafting and correspondence;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]
How to apply
Please apply via the link below:
Deadline: 24 Mar 2023