Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced Finance Management and Operations Director for the USAID/ Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). USAID/Zambia intends to award a $120M contract to support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95, and to provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH and FP/RH services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to Zambians. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award and this position is anticipated to be based in Lusaka.
- Accountable for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting, and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
- Provide overall procurement, financial, operational, safety and security, and compliance support to ZIHA.
- Oversee management of sub-contracts and Grants under Contracts (GUCs).
- Accountable for ensuring that funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting; establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Lead and oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-contracts, and/or GUCs.
- Accountable for managing the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Develop, implement, and adjust when required the ZIHA’s safety and security strategy and protocols, and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
- Mentor and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ progressive leadership and experience in accounting, operations, and finance management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs is
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams of professional staff is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant USG grants and contract management experience is required.
- Registration with the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is required.
- Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-contracts and GUCs.
- Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g., A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Ability to travel within Zambia and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
- Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for this position.
Closing date: 12-Nov-22