Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
As part of the Operation strategy, HI has decided to create a position of Flying Country Director deploy for short terms mission (from 2 weeks up to 3 months) in HI programs.
Reporting to the geographical director, you will be responsible for ensuring continuity of services in the event of a Country Director gap in a standalone or a regional program.
As Country Director you are responsible for the smooth functioning of the operations according to the evolution of the context. You main responsibilities are :
· Operations : you ensure that the projects implemented on the mission are properly carried out. You will suggest new operations and development tracks for the mission and will develop resources planning and fundraising, in order to deploy HI’s full mandate and 2025 Strategy
· Safety & Security : you actively monitor and analyze context developments, in order to identify risks and opportunities.You ensure compliance with institutional safety & security policy and the application of normative frameworks and standard operating procedures
· Human Resources : You will ensure that the mission is adequately staffed and supervise the teams (defining objectives, follow-up). By being the top manager of the Programme organization you set up a team spirit and team functioning guaranteeing synergies and exchange of good practices between the different actors in the Programme and with head office colleagues.
· Representation : you Develop external influence of HI (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the external representation of the organization (events, media) in the Programme’s geographical scope. You are the legal representative of HI in the country.
· Logistical, administrative and financial monitoring : you will ensure that logistical and administrative practices in place respect HI procedures and formats, and are in compliance with donors’ rules and regulations. With regard to the safeguarding of beneficiaries of HI’s Programmes, you will ensure the respect of institutional policies by the HQ and field staff that you manage.
· Compliance : you will ensure that information is properly circulated between Headquarters and the field and ensure that due deadlines are respected.
In the context of a flying Country Director position, the main challenges are to:
· Enforce the country Operational strategy (StratOp) and implement the defined action plans
· Ensure with donors and partners a strong leadership posture as the head of the organization in the country
· Maintain the role of the organization within the coordination spaces;
· Maintain the culture of security at the heart of operations;
· Insure the effectiveness and quality of our interventions despite the difficulties of humanitarian access (supervision of activities and teams)
· You hold a Master or equivalent degree in international relations, political sciences, and communication, management or development studies.
· You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience in senior management positions in international NGOs and preferably a previous experience as Country Director
· You have good programme management and strategic development skills
· You have proven management skills
· You are assertive and demonstrate good communication skills
· You know HI’s vision, mandate, values and strategy
· You are fluent in English and French
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 24 months International contract starting from 15th, december 2022
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
· Salary from 3800 € gross/month upon experience
· Flying staff allowance: 250€ net/month paid with your salary
· Perdiem: depending on the cost of living in the program
· Hardship: depending on the security context in the program 0/250/500 € net/month paid with your salary
· Paid leaves: 25 days per year
· R&R: 20 days/year
· Position unaccompanied
§ Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
§ Mission of more than 12 months : a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
· Housing: Collective or individual taken in charge by HI
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.