The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an unlimited contract duration. Employment location will be Bonn or Berlin, Germany.
Data Protection and Information Security are key elements for delivering high quality humanitarian assistance and development cooperation work and adhering to the mandatory “do no harm principle”. As Global Data Protection & Information Security Manager you will be part of an energetic and international team in Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) Legal & Compliance Unit. Your aim will be to expand and maintain adequate global Data Protection and Information Security structures and render respective support to Program Countries. Your working context will be very international and allows for expanding your intenational experience and network.
- Establish, expand and maintain adequate Data Protection and Information Security structures for WHH
- Policy and Procedure governance for Data Protection and Information Security
- Closely cooperate with the IT Unit on Information Security, in particular to ensure that Information Security standards are adequate for and adequately reflected by WHH’s IT-Security structures
- Support WHH’s Program Countries in the roll-out of data protection policies
- Closely follow legal and technical data protection and information security developments relevant for WHH
- Assess and accompany the introduction of new technologies / products and processes from a data protection and information security perspective
- Maintain and expand Data Protection & Information Security related processes and templates
- Maintain and expand a network of Data Protection focal points
- Closely cooperate with the external Data Protection Officer
- Prepare, provide and follow-up on Data Portection and Information Security related trainings
- Follow-up on data protection and information security related incidents
- Represent WHH in relevant associations and fora regarding data protection and information security
- A university/poytechnic legal degree or comparable degree
- Certification as Data Protection Officer or comparable qualification
- 3 to 5 years of professional data protection and information security experience in an international company, organization or law firm
- Good understanding of GDPR and its implementation in a globally operating organization
- Profound knowledge of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Hands-on, solution and result oriented attitude
- Innovative and exploring mindset with adequate attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative, as well as self-organized, purpose and quality driven working attitude
- High ethical standards and identification with WHH’s core values
- Excellent comunication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English as working language, any additional language skills (French, German or other) is an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 9, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Deadline: 9 Apr 2023