American Bar Association
The JusTRAC+ Program improves U.S. Government (USG) interagency coordination and collaboration in justice sector assistance through knowledge sharing, training, and research activities and supports learning by improving access to evidence-based practices. The JusTRAC+ Knowledge Portal is the locus of program activity and serves as the hub for the two Communities of Practice – one focused on Justice Sector Measurement and the other focused on the Nexus of Transnational Organized Crime and Corruption. The Portal provides a platform for dialogue and information sharing among practitioners in government and civil society via discussion boards and access to practice notes, toolkits, and curated resources on a variety of rule of law topics.
The Anticorruption Policy and Research Outreach and Engagement (APROE) Program supports the U.S. Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) to enhance international anticorruption policy and programming in line with the U.S Strategy on Countering Corruption. Activities are focused on building awareness and enhancing opportunities for State Department outreach and engagement with the public and other stakeholders, conducting analysis to identify better practices and developing actionable recommendations to strengthen INL, other USG agencies, and partners’ anticorruption efforts.
In addition to providing high-quality contributions for the effective implementation of the JusTRAC+ and APROE Programs, the Program Associate, who will be a team member in the Global Programs Division, is expected to support other ABA ROLI global programs as needed as well as to contribute to the development of new programs and initiatives.
Principle Duties / Job Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
· Supports tracking of work plans and implementation of multiple programs.
· Supports the monitoring of program finances including expenses and sub-awards and the updating of funding charts and budget tracking tools.
· Provides advanced administrative support to programs.
· Supports compliance efforts with ABA and donor policies, practices, procedures, and regulations, including adherence to and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
· Serves as a point of contact for program consultants and pro bono attorneys engaged in program activities.
· Supports the drafting of program reports.
· Supports logistical arrangements for domestic and international events.
· Supports the tracking of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans and undertakes data entry in DevResults.
· Supports the development of program proposals and budgets.
· Performs other duties as required.
Basic Qualifications and Interests
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Basic Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint skills.
· Previous experience working in an office environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Interests
· Interest in and commitment to rule of law, democracy and governance, human rights, anti-corruption, gender equality and social inclusion.
· Willingness to be trained, learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of program partners.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective time management and the ability to multi-task, adapt and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and familiarity with social media.
· Ability and willingness to be an effective team player.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply
Closing date: 9/23/2022