iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Global Surge Junior IM Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Surge Senior IM Officer, with the indirect supervision of the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator.
The Global Surge Junior IM Officer will be responsible to:
· Maintain all internal tools and systems related to iMMAP’s surge deployment and specific to the Global Surge Team;
· Maintain the Global Surge team informed of the progress of the deployments, identify any issues, and provide solutions;
· Work closely with other team colleagues in iMMAP on strengthening the Surge Roster on iMMAP Careers, in terms of technical functionalities;
· Proactively engage and participate in the iMMAP Surge Roster recruitment campaigns and processes, including interview processes;
· Provide the technical brief to all iMMAP Surge deploying personnel before deployment and technically support deployed Surge personnel while they are on mission;
· Review and provide comments/advice on monthly, quarterly, and end of mission reports of all Surge deployed personnel;
· Actively engage in the Surge Help Desk (iMMAP Careers, Knowledge Management, technical support, Induction Course developed in Easy Generator);
· Reinforce the Knowledge Management tools and processes of the Global Surge Team, including the provision of trainings and capacity building to Surge personnel;
· Develop ad-hoc documents, guidelines, reports and products related to the Global Surge team;
· Develop and implement specific tools to improve the workflow process of the Global Surge team.
Qualifications and skills
· Between 2 and 5 years of experience as an Information Management Officer
· Strong knowledge of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, the IASC and global coordination mechanisms
· Strong technical skills in regards to IM tools/software such as: ESRI/QGIS, Adobe Illustrator, KoBo/ODK, Office 365 including advanced Excel, DEEP, PowerBI/Tableau, Mail Chimp etc.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in GIS expert or data management or equivalent working experience
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Fluent in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic and/or French is a value add
· The position is home based within an accepted time-zone difference of + or – 4 hours from Geneva
· NO expatriate package is provided
· Travel costs and Daily Subsistence Allowance are provided when on mission, as indicated in iMMAP policies
· Frequent travel to field locations is to be expected
. Consultant’s fees between : $4,000 USD – $6,000 USD (monthly)
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/715