iMMAP is an international non governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP maintains a global surge roster of rapidly deployable technical role profiles in the field of information management and other thematic areas, through which iMMAP provides surge capacity support to emergency operations and development programmes, through various Surge Tools, such as the Standby Partnership Programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator at iMMAP, the Global Surge Security Liaison Officer will work within the Global Surge Team and act as focal point for all aspects related to Security for the Global Surge Team, including iMMAP Surge Deployees.
The Global Surge Security Liaison Officer will work in close collaboration, coordination and liaison with the Global Security Department of iMMAP in implementing global security standards, tools, processes and systems for the Global Surge Team.
Furthermore, the Global Surge Security Liaison Officer will ensure the safety and the security of all deployed surge personnel and will support with all aspects related to travel, security and duty of care (together with the HR Department at iMMAP).
The Global Surge Security Liaison Officer will perform his/her duties under the direct supervision and line management of the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator and will have a technical reference to the Global Security Coordinator.
Description of Duties
- Tracking and monitoring of all SBP and Surge personnel movements and travel in close coordination and liaison with the Global Security Team.
- Establishing, when required, contact with the Surge deployees in relation to their field mission for all aspects related to security in line with iMMAP’s global security standards and processes.
- Ensuring all deployees receive the security onboarding documentation.
- Update regularly the security tracking matrix.
- Following up on arrival arrangements, procedures and accommodation in line with iMMAP security standards and SBP agreements.
- Ensuring the SBP Agreement aspects related to security are duly upheld by the host partner organization.
- Ensuring the deployees have their UN security clearance when on field assignments.
- Ensuring the deployees have received an in-country security briefing.
- Tracking and monitoring all SBP and Surge personnel with internal iMMAP tracking tools when needed.
- Monitoring the security situation in the countries of operations, alerts the line manager and global security team in case of security event or incident. Sometimes during out of office working hours.
- Implementing and maintaining the highest standards of security and contingency planning in order to ensure the safety of all surge personnel in line with iMMAP’s Global Security standards and processes.
- Supporting in producing guidance and security documents, standards and procedures for the Global Surge Team in coordination and liaison with the Global Security Team at iMMAP.
- Ensuring compliance with iMMAP’s global operating principles and risk management policies.
- Providing to the Global Surge Team regular country-based analysis related to security, context and risk.
- Creating a monthly situation report as per iMMAP’s SOPs and attend regular coordination meetings with the Global security team when required.
- Liaising and coordinating in timely and efficiently manner with the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator and the Global Security Team regarding potential security incidents, threats or deficiencies which potentially could impact operations.
- Conducting field security monitoring visits and performing field audits as per standard global security tools and at the request of the line manager.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the line manager and relevant to this role.
Qualifications, experience and requirements
- Relevant experience in supporting or managing security operations in complex contexts and high-risk environments for international NGO, the UN or the Military;
- Between 3 and 5 years of relevant working experience. Candidates overqualified and with too much experience will not be considered.
- Relevant experience in travel management, tracking of personnel and staff, pre-deployments briefings, etc.
- Degree in a relevant field, at least a Bachelor, Master’s degree or other desired professional degree is required or in lieu, relevant working experience
Competencies and skills
- Knowledge and experience in using Excel
- Ability to present information accurately and in a concise manner
- Strong analytical skills overall, with a focus on political, security, risk and contextual analysis
- Strong ability to interpret and analyze data and translate it into effective information.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team, work under pressure, perform high quality work on time and meet team goals.
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize and deliver high quality work within deadlines, and meet team and individual objectives;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national staff;
- Strong organizational and relational skills;
- Result focus
- Strong Communication skills
- Good team player
- Capable in building/maintaining effective relationships with various stakeholders
Required: Fluency in English (oral and written) and French (oral and written) is mandatory.
Value added: Arabic
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
This contract is renewable pending performance.
How to apply
Please register and apply here: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/678
Closing date: 9/30/2022