With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Global Technical Excellence Lead, you will have the opportunity to make global impact and change in the Livelihoods sector. You will provide technical excellence, global leadership and direction for the Livelihoods sector, leveraging both internal and external stakeholders to maximise their contribution to child well-being. This will be done by:
- Growing the Livelihoods portfolio through new business development including grants, contracts and through strategic partnerships.
- Overseeing World Vision (WV)’s sector programming to ensure that it reflects the organisational distinctive of Christ-centered, community empowering and child focused in its standards and practices and the highest technical standards are met in its programming.
- Building WV’s reputation within the sector, creating partnerships and innovative approaches and strengthening and mobilising WV’s sector community of practice to execute excellence in programming that demonstrates evidence of impact.
- Positioning and branding WV as a leading child-focused organisation and representing WV at high level external boards and advisory councils.
- Masters degree, with a strong preference for a doctoral level degree, economics, social sciences, international development or closely related field.
- In-depth knowledge / expertise in sector programming including evidence based best practices.
- Proven livelihoods subject matter expert with a minimum of 15 years’ experience designing and leading global livelihoods programming in a developing context including sub-Saharan Africa and/or South East Asia.
- Strong experience developing strategy and policy within the International NGO sector or a development agency such as the United Nations.
- Strong experience and proven skills in leading a team of technical professionals and growing a global livelihoods portfolio.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French, Spanish or Arabic. Additional languages representative of the countries WV serves is an advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
*Preferred position locations: Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Philippines, Malaysia, Mexico, Costa Rica
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Closing date: 9/25/2022