Middle East Children's Institute
Full Time – Remote – US-Based
Join us in transforming the lives of vulnerable women and children in the Middle East. Seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, experienced Grant Fundraising Officer to spearhead fundraising and donor management for the Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI). You will be joining a small passionate international management team with a 15-year track record of high impact through education.
About the Position:
The Grant Fundraising Officer is responsible for researching, developing, and preparing funding plans and submitting grant proposals. As a key member of the team, the grant officer needs to successfully identify opportunities and apply for funding for programmatic initiatives, report on program outcomes, and share the organization’s story from a strengths-based perspective.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success securing grants from foundations and institutional funders. We are seeking candidates who have a high-level of understanding of the grant writing process, extensive experience writing successful proposals for highly competitive grants, excellent time-management and project management skills, excellent communication skills; and are passionate about MECI’s mission.
- Lead on researching and identifying funding opportunities from new donors in alignment with organization’s mission.
- Follow and closely monitor funding trends and policies for proposals and funding updates from new and existing donors.
- Adopt organization’s programs, goals, and financial needs to develop compelling proposals, seek new funding opportunities.
- Work closely with the local Program Directors to synthesize program activities, data, and financials for proposals and reports.
- Cultivate, maintain, and develop strategic relationships with potential and existing donors, agencies, business contacts and other INGO partners.
- Act as focal person for coordination and communication with donors for sending appropriate and timely reports and updates, meetings, and forums, following up of queries, information requests, informal reporting, and progress updates.
- Develop donor engagement strategies, prioritizing institutional donors and design and update a donor mapping database. Ensure that a project tracker is updated regularly and shared with the management team.
- Maintain a pipeline and funding plan to ensure sufficient funds are generated.
- Lead the design and development of concept notes and proposals, setting realistic and measurable targets, and developing narrative proposals & budgets.
- Write, edit and submit all grant applications and change in scope application for new and existing programs
- Ensure compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting.
- Attend coordination and/or donor meetings and teleconferences when necessary.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the MECI mission and values
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in non-profit fundraising grant writing
- Experience writing successful proposals for highly competitive grants; technical writing experience preferred
- Sense of initiative and the ability to undertake and successfully conclude grant proposals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as a flexible and supportive member of a team
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
About the Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI):
The Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI) is a tax-exempt public charity (501c3), established in 2005. Its Swiss sister public charity, Fondation Middle East Children’s Institute International, was established in 2011. MECI’s mission is to address the educational, psychosocial health, and other basic humanitarian needs of children and women in impoverished and war-torn areas of the Middle East.
With a 15-year track record, MECI operates today in Palestine and Jordan through its locally registered INGOs. MECI has reached over 30,000 children, served 500,000+ nutritious meals, and awarded 23 university scholarships.
MECI’s comprehensive child-centered community development model is facilitating transformational change in rural communities through programs in education, women’s empowerment, and economic development. Learn more on our website: www.mecinstitute.org
How to apply
How to apply:
Please submit the following to [email protected] (include position title and last name in subject line of email):
- Cover Letter
Closing date: 9/30/2022